British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Electricians (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/)
-   -   Artc sparky question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/artc-sparky-question-537829/)

ozoz May 21st 2008 5:12 am

Artc sparky question

Hi all

I messed up my orginal artc application and they have now asked me to do a practical and theory test. I would just like to know has anyone done this also the people who have not done it and got there artc cert without the test what qualifications and experience they have. And also is there a governing body that controls the tra as my experience of them has been very bad, A lot of questions i know but peeps help is appriciated:thumbsup:.

NCFC May 21st 2008 7:57 am

Re: Artc sparky question

Originally Posted by ozoz (Post 6373697)
Hi all

I messed up my orginal artc application and they have now asked me to do a practical and theory test. I would just like to know has anyone done this also the people who have not done it and got there artc cert without the test what qualifications and experience they have. And also is there a governing body that controls the tra as my experience of them has been very bad, A lot of questions i know but peeps help is appriciated:thumbsup:.

Hi,

I was successfully assessed and supplied the following with my application:

Five year apprenticeship (evidence with log book & contracts)
City & Guilds 236 Parts I & II (certificates)
City & Guilds A.M I & II (certificates)
N.V.Q level 3 (certificate)
Electrician Completion diploma (certificate)
City & Guilds 2391 testing & inspection (certificate)
E.C.S Health & Safety (certificate)
Approved Electrician JIB card
20 years of experience & references from most previous employers
My current C.V with lots of detail on previous experience stating the words disconnect & reconnect repeatedly throughout
No money left after applications

Two and a half months down the track and a trip to Adelaide under my belt i'm still waiting for my licence! I'm sure it will turn up one day. :unsure:

Hope this is of some help

John

Wendy May 22nd 2008 10:48 am

Originally Posted by ozoz (Post 6373697)
Hi all

For my OH I sent

Copy of city &guilds 236 parts 1 & 2.
Training record from College.
References from all employers since he qualified.
A written account of what he did in his job, and tools he used.

About 15 sheets of paper altogether. :)

rich1234 Aug 20th 2008 12:27 pm

hi all how have you both got on as ive a mate whose going through the same thing, hes got the same c&g 236 1 and 2.