ARTC Practical + theory test

Old Jun 20th 2008, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

ozoz will become famous soon enoughozoz will become famous soon enough
Default ARTC Practical + theory test

Hello all

Due to me 'apparently!!!' - money money money not giving enough evidence i have to take trade test how many people have done it and what can i expect in the practical and theory tests, i.e resitors in parrallel, star delta questions etc and how difficult is it, and did all people who took it pass, regards
Old Jun 20th 2008, 5:28 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ARTC Practical + theory test

Originally Posted by ozoz
Hello all

Due to me 'apparently!!!' - money money money not giving enough evidence i have to take trade test how many people have done it and what can i expect in the practical and theory tests, i.e resitors in parrallel, star delta questions etc and how difficult is it, and did all people who took it pass, regards
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451937

regards steve
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

Thanks steve but still doesnt give me the answers i need how many people have taken the artc test practical and theory in australia and passed and what type of questions can i expect, as the link provided only really gives details on telephone conversation tests, uk tests etc,regards
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 7:02 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozoz
Thanks steve but still doesnt give me the answers i need how many people have taken the artc test practical and theory in australia and passed and what type of questions can i expect, as the link provided only really gives details on telephone conversation tests, uk tests etc,regards
i carnt remember anyone taking an artc pratical mate
and the only theory ones i know about are the telephone interviews as per the one i`d listed

sorry we carnt be of more help but i would have a good read of what was asked via the telephone interview as i would imagine it to be very similar

regards steve
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

Darren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really niceDarren_Karen is just really nice

Hi. whereabouts do you need to take it?

We were in a similiar situation. Didn't provide enough evidence, had a telephone interview (failed) then told to do a practical exam on arrival in aus.

did this at PEER in adelaide, and although they told us we'd passed, got a letter 3 months later (the committee only meet once a month, and because of xmas was delayed!?) said we'd failed again.

Now have to wait 6-9 months before reapplying, and need to find someone to employ/train on the area that we failed - motors.

From what OH can remember, the practical exam covered:

1 written part - some multiple choice questions, some needing short answers, nothing difficult (if you know motors/motor controls!)

2 practical part - (a) wire two way and intermediate switch. (b) reverse a single phases capacitor motor by plug and pin leads. (c) read a drawing and wire two contactors with a timer (star delta) (d) find fault because the instructor swops a few wires around on some more contactors on the wall (2 of these). but all drawings there so as long as you can understand them you'll be fine. (e) continuity tests, a little mock up circuit on the board, ie, socket, pendant and bonding.

you get a day to do this, written and practical.

If there's anything else you need to know, I'll try to remember. Was back in nov though so cant really remember the questions on the written part but nothing too difficult.

Good luck !
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Taken it in sydney so might be a bit more difficult wait and see, was there any calculations questions in such xl=2piefl etc, phazor diagrams oh i love them.