Old Feb 3rd 2014, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Pommy.nige is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ARTC or OTSR? Anyone help?

Thanks old sparkles

I'll look them up
Old Feb 4th 2014, 5:19 am
Just Joined

Downundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond reputeDownundergraham has a reputation beyond repute

Bad news on the ARTC application. It seems all sparks going out there now with an OTSR are basically screwed.

John.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 6:25 am
Just Joined

Pommy.nige is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, it certainly feels that way! More so since they ramped the price from circa $300 to $930!!!!!

The reasons for not granting it were all evidence and information that I had provided and been suitably certified by the appropriate means.

Seems the best way is to be defacto on someone else's visa, then the loop hole still exists.

12 months 'gap' (aka bullshit) training is not appealing at present.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 9:47 am
Just Joined

jamesS85 is an unknown quantity at this point

In wa, artc and otsr all have to do gap training in order to gain full elec licence. The main difference is that during the gap training there is an elective that needs to be completed. The artc guys elective was included in the class and was safe isolation procedure, which the otsr guys had to do also as part of the course. However the otsr guys could not use this as an elective. Instead they had to do a hv switching test, which no one was eligible for as you must be currently doing this in the work place. So they had to do a two week comms course in order to fufil the elective component, which was more time for them and more $$$$! They were rightly disgusted at this. Thankfully I was artc. This was in oct 13