Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

ARTC - Oh my God not that again

ARTC - Oh my God not that again

Old Jun 14th 2007, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

whiddy is on a distinguished road
Default ARTC - Oh my God not that again

Hiya everyone,

If anyone has time could they check over the list below and tell us if we have enough info for the ARTC,
Hubby is classed as self employed, .... so we have application form, 2 photos, all certificates notarised including apprenticeship from (oh my God!1974, the old bugger!).
I've downloaded info from the college website about courses Steve's attended (e.g. 16th edition) because the college has no promotional leaflets available which we will also include. We have notarised birth cert and visa, passport and police check.
Letter from accountant, companies house stuff and we have downloaded pages from our own company website.
We also have letters from some of our clients and suppliers, but these do not really match what is on the instructions, they all say we do good work etc but do not go into detail about work done, especially technical detail. (They are more like references then specifying what we have done).These have been hard to come by as some of our clients and suppliers are peeved off to say the least that we are moving to Oz. We have included some of our statements, advice notices and delivery statements to try to show the kind of materials we use, but again is this too vague or will it suffice?
One last thing, Steve has had to write a personal statement but the instructions go on about it having to be "properly signed statutory declaration, affidvit or similar legal declaration (with your signature witnessed by a legal authority in the country in which the oath was taken)"
What? Anyone done this? how to do this? Help!
Also how to pay from the UK, no where on the form does it allow for card details, only goes on about paying by cheque, Will they except UK cheques?

Sooo sorry for asking alot but we know from what everyone writes it is so important to get this right and hopefully get the process started ASAP.

Thanks in advance, promise not to bother you all until next time.

Michelle and Steve
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ARTC - Oh my God not that again

Originally Posted by whiddy
Hiya everyone,

If anyone has time could they check over the list below and tell us if we have enough info for the ARTC,
Hubby is classed as self employed, .... so we have application form, 2 photos, all certificates notarised including apprenticeship from (oh my God!1974, the old bugger!).
I've downloaded info from the college website about courses Steve's attended (e.g. 16th edition) because the college has no promotional leaflets available which we will also include. We have notarised birth cert and visa, passport and police check.
Letter from accountant, companies house stuff and we have downloaded pages from our own company website.
We also have letters from some of our clients and suppliers, but these do not really match what is on the instructions, they all say we do good work etc but do not go into detail about work done, especially technical detail. (They are more like references then specifying what we have done).These have been hard to come by as some of our clients and suppliers are peeved off to say the least that we are moving to Oz. We have included some of our statements, advice notices and delivery statements to try to show the kind of materials we use, but again is this too vague or will it suffice?
One last thing, Steve has had to write a personal statement but the instructions go on about it having to be "properly signed statutory declaration, affidvit or similar legal declaration (with your signature witnessed by a legal authority in the country in which the oath was taken)"
Also how to pay from the UK, no where on the form does it allow for card details, only goes on about paying by cheque, Will they except UK cheques?

Sooo sorry for asking alot but we know from what everyone writes it is so important to get this right and hopefully get the process started ASAP.

Michelle and Steve

Have you done the pre-migration assessment?
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:25 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by whiddy
Hiya everyone,

Michelle and Steve

hi guys, my ARTC is in getting assesed as we speak, i cant give advice on the info you have given as it may be different working for yourself as to working for a company as i have always done. I sent the following stuff
application form
ref from my boss covering things iv worked on and worked with.
copy of all certificates, birth certificate
50 photo's of me working on various items and using various tools with a small write up on the back of each.
list of tools i have used
full description of everything i have ever worked on and worked with.

think thats about it. I had a cheque made out by my bank(barclays) for $300 that can be cashed at an oz bank.

hope that helps a little

Stu
Old Jun 14th 2007, 11:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stu:0

think thats about it. I had a cheque made out by my bank(barclays) for $300 that can be cashed at an oz bank.
Reason I asked about the pre-migration assessment is that you don't have to pay again
Old Jun 15th 2007, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

noggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to all

This is the ARTC... not the TRA?... can u get a ARTC without been assessed by TRA?
Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by noggin
This is the ARTC... not the TRA?... can u get a ARTC without been assessed by TRA?

Yes, you can. For instance, if the person migrating is the partner of an Australian citizens then they need a different visa and that doesn't include the need for a skills assessment. Or if the person who is a sparky isn't the main applicant and their points aren't needed for a skilled visa.

So in them cases, they don't need to apply for the pre-migration TRA assessment. This is why you need to do the same thing again, because the TRA assessment is purely for to show immigration that you are skilled, whereas the ARTC is a qualification certificate.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

whiddy is on a distinguished road

Thank you.
We'll be arriving in two weeks so thought we would send everything in when we get there, just hope we have all the necessary forms etc with us.

Michelle and Steve
Old Jun 17th 2007, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice

Originally Posted by stu:0
hi guys, my ARTC is in getting assesed as we speak, i cant give advice on the info you have given as it may be different working for yourself as to working for a company as i have always done. I sent the following stuff
application form
ref from my boss covering things iv worked on and worked with.
copy of all certificates, birth certificate
50 photo's of me working on various items and using various tools with a small write up on the back of each.
list of tools i have used
full description of everything i have ever worked on and worked with.

hope that helps a little

Stu
50 PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!