ARTC interview

Old May 2nd 2007, 4:10 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light
Default ARTC interview

Hi guys,

Just been emailed by a guy im in touch with thats just had an interview over the phone for his ARTC appliction so just a word of warning get plenty of info put down. He said it wasnt a nice experience. 45 mins of question after question. All that stuff you did at college and now forgotton! ahhhh!

Stu
Old May 2nd 2007, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

andym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: ARTC interview

As much as I want to go to Oz, if they are going to be so petty! I say F**K them.

OZ is better than the UK but its not elysium!

Either they bl**dy want sparks or they don't! Why do they make it so difficult?
Old May 2nd 2007, 7:18 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by andym79
As much as I want to go to Oz, if they are going to be so petty! I say F**K them.

OZ is better than the UK but its not elysium!

Either they bl**dy want sparks or they don't! Why do they make it so difficult?
I think its a case of if your not clued up on the theory side of things and they do give you the phone interview your buggerd. Unless your a real clever fella you must admit can any of us remember 50% of what you learnt at college.You dont need to use most of it. Fair enough if your job is design and that sort of thing.He was given 48 hours to get in touch with them for the interview and if he didnt his ARTC application was void I guess thats so you dont get time to go do a little revision???

Stu
Old May 2nd 2007, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

andym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the rough

Indeed it is harsh, it wasn't long ago I attended college. The thing is, if you don't use it you forget it and as you said a lot of the calculations are for those involved in design and not installation (they are cutting off their nose to spite their face). Also with all but large installations, rules of thumb prove more than adequate.

I guess the bottom line is they are justifying their job by making some peoples life difficult! Lets face it a lot of them where probably crap at installation work!

Last edited by andym79; May 2nd 2007 at 8:03 pm.
Old May 2nd 2007, 8:10 pm
Sparky Stu

Originally Posted by andym79
Indeed it is harsh, it wasn't long ago I attended college. The thing is, if you don't use it you forget it and as you said a lot of the calculations are for those involved in design and not installation (they are cutting off their nose to spite their face). Also with all but large installations, rules of thumb prove more than adequate.

I guess the bottom line is they are justifying their job by making some peoples life difficult! Lets face it a lot of them where probably crap at installation work!
Well its a case of get plenty down and fingers crossed i think mate!!

Stu
Old May 2nd 2007, 9:03 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stu:0
Well its a case of get plenty down and fingers crossed i think mate!!

Stu
what type of questions were asked ???

as you know ive recentley passed the mechanics licence exam and the theory side was all maximum demand and voltdrop equations,

i couldnt see them asking about aussie wiring regs prior to arrival as that would be nonsense

so what was asked ???
Old May 2nd 2007, 9:11 pm
Sparky Stu

Originally Posted by steve`o
what type of questions were asked ???

as you know ive recentley passed the mechanics licence exam and the theory side was all maximum demand and voltdrop equations,

i couldnt see them asking about aussie wiring regs prior to arrival as that would be nonsense

so what was asked ???
Will let you know stevo, he's gona mail me them. power factor correction that sort of thing. All that sort of thing is at the back of my brain now!

Stu
Old May 3rd 2007, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stu:0
Will let you know stevo, he's gona mail me them. power factor correction that sort of thing. All that sort of thing is at the back of my brain now!

Stu
Hi How come some people get the phone exam,John never got one.
Cheers Lorri
Old May 3rd 2007, 6:40 am
Sparky Stu

Originally Posted by supersonic4
Hi How come some people get the phone exam,John never got one.
Cheers Lorri
No idea, this guy has been a spark for 20 somthing years running his own business with all the relevent qualifications so i can only guess that they pick the odd one now and again to put through there paces. Bit like quality control???

Stu