ARTC confusion!

Old Jul 7th 2009, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

BonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really nice
Arrow ARTC confusion!

Hi guys!

Im reading the forum about the TRA and ARTC stuff and its really confusing me.

So am I right in thinking......my OH does the vetassess.....then when we get to Oz he has a permit to work as an electrician...but must be supervised...while doing this he also has to go back to college for 12 months and take exams etc etc and once he's done this what sort of qualification will he end up with and at what cost?? and will he need to do any more courses on top of the above?

OR... if we apply for an ARTC am I right to belive this takes half the time and what would the cost be for this?? I understand this can only be done if you hold a visa so say if we already have the visas and were not leaving uk for 2-3 months could it be possible to apply for this ARTC in the UK and use my sister address in Brisbane. Or would we have to wait until we have landed in Oz to apply for it.

Im just trying to figure out the best possible option to take, which ever is the quickest to achieve. Also do you know if many electical companys take on people who just have the vetassess certificate???

Help would be much appreciated!
Old Jul 11th 2009, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice
Default Re: ARTC confusion!

if you get an artc you can do the regs course in SA and get license there.
this can be transfered to any other state.
cost of course is about $850. plus $300 for ARTC application. then license application fee (about $300) plus another $300 to transfer.
but the upshot of this route is speed.
i did my regs course by distance learning. then sat the exam in oz. had applied for full license within two days of arriving in adelaide. pretty quick.
lee.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:01 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ARTC confusion!

Hi guys!

Im reading the forum about the TRA and ARTC stuff and its really confusing me.

So am I right in thinking......my OH does the vetassess.....then when we get to Oz he has a permit to work as an electrician
nope it just gives you the minimum to apply for a licence, on application in qld you will be issued with a permit to train and log books its then up to you to "a" get enrolled at an rto ( recognised training organisation ) and a job where your supervisor will sign off your work as been done to au standards
...but must be supervised...while doing this he also has to go back to college for 12 months and take exams etc etc and once he's done this what sort of qualification will he end up with and at what cost?? and will he need to do any more courses on top of the above?

OR... if we apply for an ARTC am I right to belive this takes half the time and what would the cost be for this?? I understand this can only be done if you hold a visa so say if we already have the visas and were not leaving uk for 2-3 months could it be possible to apply for this ARTC in the UK and use my sister address in Brisbane. Or would we have to wait until we have landed in Oz to apply for it.
go the artc route download the form from the website and apply whilst in ethe uk using a friends au address
Im just trying to figure out the best possible option to take, which ever is the quickest to achieve. Also do you know if many electical companys take on people who just have the vetassess certificate???

Help would be much appreciated!

NOTE each state varies slightly in both the name of the licence and requirements to obtain one SA ( south Australia ) is still the easiest and quickest place to get licenced so thast why we all point you in that dirrection