Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

artc certificate - bloody red tape!

artc certificate - bloody red tape!

Old Sep 9th 2008, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice
Angry artc certificate - bloody red tape!

hi all.
sent artc application a while ago. sent them an email yesterday to see if i could find out where it was up to.
got a reply back saying it had been assessed and given a decision. but they wont tell me the outcome. i have to wait for the letter to arrive at our friends house in perth!
then our friend emails me to say it has arrived. but because im not there to sign for it they cant leave it because it was sent recorded delivery!

cant believe it! she is going down to the post office to try to explain but isnt sure they will give her the letter.

anyone else had a similair problem?

cheers

lee. (frustrated!)
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: artc certificate - bloody red tape!

Originally Posted by leeob77
hi all.
sent artc application a while ago. sent them an email yesterday to see if i could find out where it was up to.
got a reply back saying it had been assessed and given a decision. but they wont tell me the outcome. i have to wait for the letter to arrive at our friends house in perth!
then our friend emails me to say it has arrived. but because im not there to sign for it they cant leave it because it was sent recorded delivery!

cant believe it! she is going down to the post office to try to explain but isnt sure they will give her the letter.

cheers

lee. (frustrated!)
Oh had to do a telephone exam (2nd time as he failed 1st time) the examiner said that he had done enough to pass but that the final decision would be up to the board of governors on 1st sept as he was new to the job and they could overide his decision.
Anyway, oh phoned on the afternoon or the 3rd and was told no desicion had been made. then his certificate arrived today dated 3rd september.:curse: talk about putting you through the wringer.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all

hello Lee,

Ring them again and ask if you would be happy with the result or do you have to make plans to re-take. they should give you a nod and a wink answer, that's what i did, mine had been awarded 5 days before i rang, but was on it's way back from the Queensland board.

Regards

Kevin
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kevin S
hello Lee,

Ring them again and ask if you would be happy with the result or do you have to make plans to re-take. they should give you a nod and a wink answer, that's what i did, mine had been awarded 5 days before i rang, but was on it's way back from the Queensland board.

Regards

Kevin
good idea mate! will try that one.

cheers kevin.

lee.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 2:54 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Hope it all woks out for you Lee,

What determines weather you have a telephone exam or not anyway ?
As some people seem to have them and some not

Did you have one Lee?

Dougie
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:07 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

hi all.

cheers

lee. (frustrated!)
lee she should be able to sign for it
how do you know steve??
i`ve had about a dozen artc`s sent to my home addresss overthelast year in fact theres one on my desk for hunt66 now as we speak
( ive been helping out others with no au address`s ) each and every ones come signed delivery and every time i`ve been out, but they do send them "anyone at address" can sign so its a quick flash of address id and its done

dont worry mate
Old Sep 9th 2008, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve`o
how do you know steve??
i`ve had about a dozen artc`s sent to my home addresss overthelast year in fact theres one on my desk for hunt66 now as we speak
( ive been helping out others with no au address`s ) each and every ones come signed delivery and every time i`ve been out, but they do send them "anyone at address" can sign so its a quick flash of address id and its done

dont worry mate
that makes sense because she mentioned about having no id but i assumed she meant for me.
cheers steve o. hopefully will find out in a day or so.
will let you know how i get on. (fingers crossed!)

thanks again. feel a bit better now!

lee.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
how do you know steve??

dont worry mate
yeah don't worry, hubbie's came addressed to him and i signed for it , postie never asked for id. I've also picked up some packages from the post office addressed to hubby and they only asked for id. I gave them my passport each time. Obviously no problem with me being female and hubby male just so long as i had same surname.
Jackie
Old Sep 10th 2008, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
Hope it all woks out for you Lee,

What determines weather you have a telephone exam or not anyway ?
As some people seem to have them and some not

Did you have one Lee?

Dougie
Hi Dougie
I'm no expert but i think the thing that determines weather you get a telephone exam or not is just down to sheer luck . Some one else said that they have to also justify their jobs so they have 2 piles
1. the to ring pile and
2. the passed pile.
Just depends where your application is in the stack as to which pile you go into.
Mind you someone else told me that if you don't supply the correct info you will get a call.
Just speculation realy, it's up to them who they pick and why. I think they like making people jump through hoops.
Jackie
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:07 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

good idea mate! will try that one.

cheers kevin.

lee.

Alreeeight Lee,

How you getting on now has there been any developments yet mate?

Dougie
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
Alreeeight Lee,

How you getting on now has there been any developments yet mate?

Dougie
our friend text this morning. now the proud owner of ARTC certificate!
hoping to do exam in adelaide on 5th or 6th of jan as we will be in perth around that time validating visas.

cheers.
lee.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all

Hello Lee,

Congrats mate, did you get the "FITTER" ARTC in the end

Regards

Kevin
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:36 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

our friend text this morning. now the proud owner of ARTC certificate!
hoping to do exam in adelaide on 5th or 6th of jan as we will be in perth around that time validating visas.

cheers.
lee.
congratulations lee
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kevin S
Hello Lee,

Congrats mate, did you get the "FITTER" ARTC in the end

Regards

Kevin

yep, artc electrical fitter. going through peer and SA route to get full unrestricted license.

cheers.
lee.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 11:32 am
Swollen Member

Nice one Lee made up for you i'm sure all the bother will pay off in the end when your wiring in some 'Big Orange' out to a motor in the 40' sunshine

Dougie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.