ARTC Application from UK

Old Mar 17th 2011, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

stixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nice
Default ARTC Application from UK

Hello Lads

Can anyone give me any advice on applying for my ARTC from the UK. I am the main applicant on a subclass 176 state sponsored visa which I have been issued.

Thanks Stixblue
Old Mar 20th 2011, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of
Default Re: ARTC Application from UK

Originally Posted by stixblue
Hello Lads

Can anyone give me any advice on applying for my ARTC from the UK. I am the main applicant on a subclass 176 state sponsored visa which I have been issued.

Thanks Stixblue
Hi Stixblue,
You need to put an Australian address on the application form as they won't send the ARTC result overseas. Have you got any friends or relatives in OZ whose address you can use?
However, I'm sure I've read somewhere that if you put in a UK address then they will keep hold of the ARTC until you arrive in OZ. Hopefully someone else can clarify or maybe it's worth emailing the TRA.
They replied promptly to an email I sent them a little while ago.
Regards Derren
Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

stixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nice

Hi Derren

I have a Melbourne address I can use, but Im state sponsored for South Australia so I have concerns that they might pick up on that. Have you received your ARTC yet? What did you enter for the date of arrival in Australia?

Thanks for your reply

Stixblue
Old Mar 20th 2011, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Hi Derren

I have a Melbourne address I can use, but Im state sponsored for South Australia so I have concerns that they might pick up on that. Have you received your ARTC yet? What did you enter for the date of arrival in Australia?

Thanks for your reply

Stixblue
Hi Stixblue,
I'm on the brink of applying.We've just been granted our visa. I've got all my paperwork together barring one more reference, and then I'm off to a solicitor I know to witness my statutory declarations and certify my copies. I reckon I'll be ready to apply within the next month.
We've been state sponsored for QLD but I intend to use a Canberra address as we'll probably visiting en route to QLD to visit family.
I don't think the TRA are concerned with your state sponsorship status. As long as you have a residents visa there shouldn't be any problems. I'm sure the TRA are also well aware that applications have been made from overseas.
As for entry dates, previous posts have stated that you should put in an anticipated arrival date eg. if you intend to arrive in Sept this year then put that date in as your arrival date. That's what I'm going to do.
Best of luck and let us know how you get on.
Regards Derren
Old Mar 20th 2011, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Mick00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by derren7
Hi Stixblue,
I'm on the brink of applying.We've just been granted our visa. I've got all my paperwork together barring one more reference, and then I'm off to a solicitor I know to witness my statutory declarations and certify my copies. I reckon I'll be ready to apply within the next month.
We've been state sponsored for QLD but I intend to use a Canberra address as we'll probably visiting en route to QLD to visit family.
I don't think the TRA are concerned with your state sponsorship status. As long as you have a residents visa there shouldn't be any problems. I'm sure the TRA are also well aware that applications have been made from overseas.
As for entry dates, previous posts have stated that you should put in an anticipated arrival date eg. if you intend to arrive in Sept this year then put that date in as your arrival date. That's what I'm going to do.
Best of luck and let us know how you get on.
Regards Derren
One question derren when I go to get my references stamped by a solicitor do I need to also get the copies of the references that I'll be sending stamped or can I just copy them after theyve been stamped and send those ones? Thanks
Old Mar 21st 2011, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mick00
One question derren when I go to get my references stamped by a solicitor do I need to also get the copies of the references that I'll be sending stamped or can I just copy them after theyve been stamped and send those ones? Thanks
Hi Mick,
Don't get your original references stamped. Get photocopies of all the documents you intend to submit to the TRA and get a solicitor to certify the photocopies as true copies of the originals.
If you copy a certified true copy then it's not a certified true copy!! if you see what I mean.
Regards Derren
Old Mar 21st 2011, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Thanks again Derren

Going to try and get my application sent off this week, so fingers crossed.I'll let you know how I get on.

Good luck with everything Stixblue

Last edited by stixblue; Mar 21st 2011 at 7:44 am. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Mar 21st 2011, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

cjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nice

David,

just sent you a reply sorry I cant help at the moment.

Derren good news! see you over there we are going on the 11th October cant wait.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

johnny.w is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks again Derren

Going to try and get my application sent off this week, so fingers crossed.I'll let you know how I get on.

Good luck with everything Stixblue
Hello stixblue
Just got my ss for south aus today.
would be interested in how you get on.
Also did you eventually put your vettasses result on it or go without.

Good luck
Old Mar 27th 2011, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cjgoodall
David,

just sent you a reply sorry I cant help at the moment.

Derren good news! see you over there we are going on the 11th October cant wait.
Cheers Chris,
We're hoping to go around that time also, although it's dependent on getting the house sold. Really don't want to do a validation trip. Our entry date is to be no later than Jan next year, so fingers crossed.