Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Artc application to include vetassess results

Artc application to include vetassess results

Old Dec 4th 2010, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

deanc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Artc application to include vetassess results

Hi there

Does anybody know if you should/must include your vetassess results when applying for you artc (electrical mechanic certificate) will including your vetassess results have a negative impact on your artc application, has anybody done this before.

Cheers
Deanc
Old Dec 4th 2010, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Artc application to include vetassess results

Originally Posted by deanc
Hi there

Does anybody know if you should/must include your vetassess results when applying for you artc (electrical mechanic certificate) will including your vetassess results have a negative impact on your artc application, has anybody done this before.

Cheers
Deanc
Hi Dean,
There has been conflicting info on this site, and others, regarding this.
Some people have had their applications refused by the TRA and others have been granted an ARTC even when they have informed the TRA that they have been assessed by VETASSESS.
I can only guess that it depends on whether some kind of jobsworth deals initially with the applications and doesn't let it go past the first hurdle, so to speak.
Personally, I won't have this problem as I am able to apply directly to the TRA without going down the VET route.
But if you want my tuppence worth and I was in your shoes, I wouldn't declare it.
It's not asked for on the application form and it seems it may only complicate matters if it is initially dealt with by some numpty who decides to act as judge and jury.
Regards Derren
Old Dec 4th 2010, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Derren
Like you say it doesnt ask for it so I will not include it then.
Thanks
Cheers
Deanc
Old Jan 19th 2011, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

stixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nice

Hey Deanc

How did you get on applying for your ARTC through TRA? I also went through Vetassess and gained an OTSR. Subclass 176 was granted last week so I could apply for my ARTC also. Are you doing the PEER route for your wiring rules? Could you let me know how you got on.

Cheers Stixblue
Old Jan 26th 2011, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

stixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nice

Hi Deanc

Any news yet on your TRA application yet?

Stixblue
Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

famousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nice

my husband completed his vetasses a few years ago, and we will be moving out to Adelaide in sept, we were forwarded this info by an electrical contractors that my husband has been in touch with in adelaide...i'm not sure if this will be the same australia wide? it would appear that your OTRR issued by vetassess entitles you to a L lincence immediately on arrival (so you are able to work under supervision) and then you just need to complete the relevent 'gap training' to gain your A licence.
VETASSESS
If you are from India, Sri Lanka, South Africa, the United Kingdom or the Philippines, you can obtain an Offshore Technical Skills Record (OTSR) through VETASSESS to assist in your application for a restricted workers registration. If you are a migrant with the following skills; general plumber/gas fitter, general electrician, air-conditioning and refrigeration mechanic, cable jointer, and electrical powerlines tradesperson, VETASSESS will assess your technical skills and list the units of competencies that you have completed on the OTSR.
Once you have obtained an OTSR, you can apply with OCBA for a restricted registration to work under direct supervision until you complete the gap training requirements.
When you have completed your gap training, you will be issued a certificate (from the list overleaf), and you will then be able to apply for a change in condition of your registration with OCBA.
Continued over…
Last Updated 18 June 2010 1
Last Updated 18 June 2010 2
The OTSR must show you have been assessed as having the required technical skills in one of the following qualifications. Please note you will be required to present an original or certified copy of your certificate with your application.
Restricted Electrical Workers Registration:
•
Certificate III - Electrotechnology Electrician (UEE30806)
•
Certificate III - Electrical Supply Industry - Distribution (UET30206), and/or
•
Certificate III - Electrical Supply Industry - Cable Jointing (UET30406),
•
Certificate in Engineering - Mechanical Trade (Refrigeration and Air Conditioning), or
•
Certificate III in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (UEE31306)
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by famousflo
my husband completed his vetasses a few years ago, and we will be moving out to Adelaide in sept, we were forwarded this info by an electrical contractors that my husband has been in touch with in adelaide...i'm not sure if this will be the same australia wide? it would appear that your OTRR issued by vetassess entitles you to a L lincence immediately on arrival (so you are able to work under supervision) and then you just need to complete the relevent 'gap training' to gain your A licence.
VETASSESS
If you are from India, Sri Lanka, South Africa, the United Kingdom or the Philippines, you can obtain an Offshore Technical Skills Record (OTSR) through VETASSESS to assist in your application for a restricted workers registration. If you are a migrant with the following skills; general plumber/gas fitter, general electrician, air-conditioning and refrigeration mechanic, cable jointer, and electrical powerlines tradesperson, VETASSESS will assess your technical skills and list the units of competencies that you have completed on the OTSR.
Once you have obtained an OTSR, you can apply with OCBA for a restricted registration to work under direct supervision until you complete the gap training requirements.
When you have completed your gap training, you will be issued a certificate (from the list overleaf), and you will then be able to apply for a change in condition of your registration with OCBA.
Continued over…
Last Updated 18 June 2010 1
Last Updated 18 June 2010 2
The OTSR must show you have been assessed as having the required technical skills in one of the following qualifications. Please note you will be required to present an original or certified copy of your certificate with your application.
Restricted Electrical Workers Registration:
•
Certificate III - Electrotechnology Electrician (UEE30806)
•
Certificate III - Electrical Supply Industry - Distribution (UET30206), and/or
•
Certificate III - Electrical Supply Industry - Cable Jointing (UET30406),
•
Certificate in Engineering - Mechanical Trade (Refrigeration and Air Conditioning), or
•
Certificate III in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (UEE31306)
If you intend on working in South Australia then it may be worthwhile applying for an ARTC and then doing the wiring regs course at PEER in Adelaide. With this combination, you can then apply for a SA licence without the need for on the job gap training. With an OTSR, you will be required to fulfil some on the gap training. Not sure how long for but it will be anything up to a year.
Regards Derren
Old Feb 25th 2011, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

derren7;

GAP training 12 months or you can get away with 3 months depending if your OK & people CAN sign the book for you its easy mate

Arthur

melbourne
Old Feb 25th 2011, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
derren7;

GAP training 12 months or you can get away with 3 months depending if your OK & people CAN sign the book for you its easy mate

Arthur

melbourne
Hi Arthur,
Cheers for that. Ain't seen you round these parts in a while. Welcome back.
regards Derren
Old Feb 25th 2011, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

derren7;

hello Daren, how are things for you my friend, its been a while since i have been on here, from time to time people contact me direct for help.

i did not know that PEER exams are now over 5 x days with a mix of theory & practical. but for most Uk sparks thats easy the prac side of things as long as they make sure they practice before any exams.

i shall have a chat with PEER next week & ask them why they have not kept me informed on the new structure after all i point people there way for the full license, they are making a lot of money from the people i send them & i dont ask for anything at all, but i would expect them to keep me informed of the new setup so thanks for your input into all this.

work in australia has never looked back, there is NO recession here mate not like the UK.

Arthur
Old Apr 7th 2011, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

SparkyDawson is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Artc application to include vetassess results

Hi,

I was just wondering if you could give me a little advice.

My husband and I are starting the immigration process and he is currently waiting on the vetassess. He has a City and Guilds installation and commissioning of electrical / electronic systems.
NVQ Level 3 installation and commissioning of electrical and electronic systems, with 10 years industrial experience.

We have two young children so want a permanent visa hence the vetassess route. We have been told about having to the gap training but dont want to wait up to 12 months for class A licence. I was just wondering what the best route to do this is. I myself will not be able to work for a while as we have the children at home so Wayne needs to be earning a good wage quickly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Donna
Old Apr 7th 2011, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Donna, email me at home

[email protected]

regards

Arthur

ps

i can give you lots of info on the migration process
Old Apr 7th 2011, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

energysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
Donna, email me at home

[email protected]

regards

Arthur

ps

i can give you lots of info on the migration process
Arthur,

Is it ok if I email you for the same?

Regards,

Danny
Old Apr 8th 2011, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Danny

yes thats fine mate not a problem at all

welcome to the migration minefield

Arthur

ps

however i have good info you you
Old Apr 8th 2011, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
Is it alright you you email me aswell sorry to jump on the band wagon here but all help would be appreciated
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.