Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

ARTC application, how picky are they?

ARTC application, how picky are they?

Old Sep 7th 2011, 6:43 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute
Default ARTC application, how picky are they?

Hi all,

My current employer has finally gotten back to me with my work reference for the past couple of years this is to supplement the employers assessment sent to the TRA for the previous few years when I applied for the assessment for migration purposes back in 2009. My current dilemma is do I get all my trade certs and the first employer reference copied and recertified? (I have seen conflicting advice on this I am erring on the side of caution at the moment and plan to send the lot again).

I had a 6 month stint away from my current employer between October 2008 and March 2009 but other than that have worked for them for them since 2003, I have nothing to hide but the firm I worked for in the 6 month stint has since merged with another that has involved a name change and my boss has also moved on so getting an employers reference on the letter headed paper and explaining the changes will be a ball ache, is it necessary to get an employers reference for this 6 month period considering the length of employment in recent years with my current employer?

Finally I am pretty sure that my employers reference for migration purposes had the nature of business and all the other details that I have just found on the guidance notes that were released on the 1st of Sept, my latest one unfortunately doesn't though, will the TRA accept this, it seems a trivial technicality and the information will be there but just not spelt out on both references.

I short how reasonable are they? All this is so important that I'm probably stressing over nothing, it would be nice to know if any of you have had similar niggles on your applications, the work reference from my current employer will be relatively painless to get rewritten with the belt and braces info I'm more concerned about the rigmarole and delays in getting the 6 month stint referenced.

Thnaks for reading and any input will be greatly appreciated
Old Sep 8th 2011, 9:10 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ARTC application, how picky are they?

When i applied for my ARTC. I basically sent all the same stuff again. But reworded my original letter.
Old Sep 8th 2011, 3:50 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Jockstar,

Getting it all together now to send, having looked through the evidence I have It couldn't be more official looking and verifiable, oodles of evidence for them to make the decision! taking it all into work tonight to abuse the copier facility

I'll still have my fingers and everything else crossed though, with any luck i'll be posting it all off tomorrow afternoon providing I can get the copies certified after I wake up after a night shift tomorrow lunch time.:fingerscross ed:
Old Sep 9th 2011, 11:40 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

Posting application today....

Wish me luck!
Old Sep 9th 2011, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
Posting application today....

Wish me luck!
Best of luck mate! Posted mine on Tuesday and judging by other posts here and elsewhere it looks like it's going to be a long 3 month wait. Sleep deprivation and sore fingernails to look forward to!!
Regards Derren
Old Sep 10th 2011, 4:59 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

Yep goodluck!

I sent mine standard post, couldn't remember exactly but think i read on here that the signed for postage goes balls up as the address is a po box and there is nobody there to sign. Hey ho, my first batch of finger nails will be going in about 8 days if they haven't sent me an email saying they have received it!
Old Sep 16th 2011, 8:09 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

Got the email yesterday saying they have received my application, fingers crossed now although it might all amount to nothing if the wife's diagnosis is serious, i now have everything crossed!
Old Sep 16th 2011, 10:37 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

it might all amount to nothing if the wife's diagnosis is serious
I hope everything is ok? Also good luck.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 2:32 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

Originally Posted by Jockstar
I hope everything is ok? Also good luck.
Thanks,
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Got the email yesterday saying they have received my application, fingers crossed now although it might all amount to nothing if the wife's diagnosis is serious, i now have everything crossed!
Hi rinkerdink,
Hope you wife's diagnosis comes back clear. We all worry about the the finer things in life, and never think about what can really,seriously, profoundly affect us. Let us know how you and yours get on.
Kind Regards Derren
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 6:16 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

Thanks for the kind words Derren, my world has been turned upside down in the past week or so, you really don't know what is around the corner! Had the biopsy/ cyst drain procedure on tuesday evening unfortunately we won't know the result until 11 of October as there is a 2 week wait for results then the consultant is on holiday but visibly it all looks great, none of the obvious signs of something sinister and the ultrasound/biopsy doctor thinks we have nothing to worry about. This is a good thing not least cause we fly on the 16 of October for our recce!!! If the highly unlikely does happen and the tests come back with bad news we'll be cancelling the holiday for treatment and will probably have our visa cancelled.

It is amazing how quickly i have been able to write off the hopes dreams and efforts of the past 4 years in the event of something more important, i'd all but given up on the whole thing but tuesday night has left me extremely positive and hopefull :-)

Thanks again for the kind words

Last edited by rinkerdink; Sep 22nd 2011 at 6:19 am.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 5:07 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

Hi all,

Got the fantastic news that wifeys lump was just a benign cyst, spoke with agent, no need to inform the DIAC, no need to reschedule recce trip full steam ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 15th 2011, 5:24 am
Freedom!

Hi all,

Got the fantastic news that wifeys lump was just a benign cyst, spoke with agent, no need to inform the DIAC, no need to reschedule recce trip full steam ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations mate. Glad the wife is fine. Enjoy your trip.
Old Oct 15th 2011, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi all,

Nice one mate. Big relief for you. All the best and good luck with your ARTC application.
Regards Derren
Old Oct 17th 2011, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

woodymcfc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

good news and I bet a big relief, good luck with the ARTC keep us informed