ARTC

Old Apr 29th 2008, 12:09 am
Krunchynutt

krunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud of
Default ARTC

I have just been granted a Electrical Fitter ARTC, I applied for an Electrical Mechanic so I am a little disappointed but also happy to pass.

How bad is this ARTC, will it cause many problems for getting fully licensed.

Any help appreciated.

Last edited by krunchynutt; Apr 29th 2008 at 12:37 am.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ARTC

Originally Posted by krunchynutt
I have just been granted a Electrical Fitter ARTC, I applied for an Electrical Mechanic so I am a little disappointed but also happy to pass.

How bad is this ARTC, will it cause many problems for getting fully licensed.

Any help appreciated.

It really depends which state you are intending on living in, or rather on which route you take to a licence. I believe (please double check this though) that you can apply for an unrestricted licence in South Australia with a successful pass of the wiring rules exam from PEER and an ARTC (fitters). The form for SA says:

If you are recognised as an Electrician, Electrical Fitter or Electrical Mechanic, you may apply for a restricted registration with the condition: any electrical work under the supervision of a
registered electrical worker.

To have this limitation removed or to apply for an unrestricted registration, you will also be required to provide evidence of completion of the approved AS/NZS 3000:2000 Wiring Rules course and exam.

http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/assets/fil...heet_oseas.pdf

but maybe e-mail them to be sure. If you then want to work in a different state you can just apply under the mutual recognition thing.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 8:59 am
Krunchynutt

krunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud ofkrunchynutt has much to be proud of

Thanks Wendy, I will contact them to find out.
Old May 1st 2008, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

krunchynutt;
apply for the fitter to be re assessed to Mechanic or you may be restricted from dont work on switchboards or mains works im sure its a restricted license you have been given thats no good to you at all.

again im almost sure the fitters license who only let you do panel wiring