Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Applying for ARTC from UK-Questions

Applying for ARTC from UK-Questions

Old Sep 15th 2009, 6:02 pm
mcv
Forum Regular

mcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nice
Default Applying for ARTC from UK-Questions

Hi all,

Just started to fill out the ARTC form from the uk and stuck on a few questions,i take it that;

part 2

home/residential address = use ozzy address

home phone number = leave blank

email address = ok to use uk email address

part 4

when did you arrive in Australia = not here yet/visa not validated
(what do i put in box)

part 7

licence title = Approved Electrican

licence issuing authority= JIB

part 8

when did employment finish=still working in the uk(what do i put in box)

as i said I take it im supposed to be in Australia whilst applying,can i send direct from uk (air mail) or do i need to send it via a ozzy address.

many thanks Richard
Old Sep 16th 2009, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

nigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nice
Default Re: Applying for ARTC from UK-Questions

Originally Posted by mcv
Hi all,

Just started to fill out the ARTC form from the uk and stuck on a few questions,i take it that;

part 2

home/residential address = use ozzy address yes ,they need an ozzy addy to send the results too

home phone number = leave blank put ur numba in,they may to get in touch to clarify stuff......001144 then drop the 0offa area code

email address = ok to use uk email addressyes

part 4

when did you arrive in Australia = not here yet/visa not validated
(what do i put in box)not sure (i was here) put in visa pending

part 7

licence title = Approved Electrican not too sure,soz

licence issuing authority= JIB

part 8

when did employment finish=still working in the uk(what do i put in box)still working uk

as i said I take it im supposed to be in Australia whilst applying,can i send direct from uk (air mail) or do i need to send it via a ozzy address.
sending from the uk is fine,but as i said earlier they need an oz addy to send results too

many thanks Richard
think most of this ok but i applied while here so could change !!!
Old Sep 16th 2009, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Del-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really nice

For the date of arrival in Australia we put a date 2 weeks ahead of the date we sent application off so it appeared we would be arriving in Oz shortly. For the date of working in your current employment I would put to Sep 09. For Licence Title my husband put Installation Electrician. I personaly would leave out the contact number just use the e.mail address.

If you need anymore help just ask.

Good Luck
Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Huggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really nice

Hi Richard,

My husband applied for his whilst still in the UK. This is what we did:-

Part 2. Gave UK address, UK phone number and e-mail address.
Part 4. Didn't ask for arrival date (must have changed the form now). Would suggest putting an approx. date but stating that not there yet.
Part 7. Yes for Approved Electrician and JIB.
Part 8. Put date when started to "present date".

He then got a letter saying the ARTC had been granted but couldn't be sent out to an overseas address, so they held it in their Melbourne office and when we arrived we sent an e-mail saying we were here, gave them our address and they sent it in the post a couple of days later.

Hope this helps.

Kat