Applying for ARTC from UK!

Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

andym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the rough
Default Applying for ARTC from UK!

Hi all sparks, how many of you applied for your ARTC whilst still living in the UK?

As I understand it, if your a resident of Oz as we now our (got our visa label in the passport) then you can apply for ARTC; provided an Australian address is provide for the ARTC to be sent to?

I have a couple of questions though:

1. I have been reading that some of us have been unlucky enough to have a telephone interview, will they call a UK mobile (its location obviously being unknown to them, I could be roaming in OZ)? In the same vein do you actually have to be in OZ whilst your ARTC is being processed and awarded?

I am reluctant to move out to OZ before I know I can get a licence. Also I think being in OZ for 8 weeks while ARTC are processing my application to be a poor use of time, in as much as I would be reducing my income greatly for those two months and I would be bleeding a lot more money than if I was living in the UK (temporary accommodation being much more expensive than longer term).

2. Now this is a more tricky one, I have most of what I need to apply for my ARTC now i.e. all my TRA stuff; in my TRA application, I included a statutory declaration describing my current job rather than asking for a reference. Despite having our VISA, I am still reluctant to tell my boss that I will be going to OZ, because I don't see the point in going if I can't get a licence i.e. ARTC don't say yes. I can't however write a stat dec in the same fashion as before "protecting my job by not tell my company I plan on leaving" because as far as TRA are concerned you are meant to be in OZ for ARTC. Nor can I say they won't write one that doesn't look good! And if I tell TRA Im not coming to OZ if I don't get my ARTC they will probably think f**k the arrogant w***er!

What should I do about this bit, that one reference is holding the process up but ARTC is a pain because I don't want to sell up ship out and then find out I can't spark in OZ!

Help

Thanks

Andy
PS the house won't sell anyway!
Old Nov 27th 2007, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for ARTC from UK!

Answered your other thread in the Immigration forum