Applying for an ARTC

Old Apr 7th 2007, 12:01 am
The Master of Disaster

iceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really nice
Default Applying for an ARTC

Well we finally got visas last week, and hopefully plan to head to The Sunshine Coast in August. I have the forms to apply for an ARTC from TRA in Melbourne. Foolishly I thought it would be a straightforward application a little like the pre migration assessment (we sailed through that in 2 weeks) I sent them just about every bit of evidence I could find. It seems that the ARTC is a different level (TRA say it's far more rigorous because of the fact that it's official recognition of skills). I decided to apply from here, but my employer in Queensland has offered to have all the bits sent to him and send them on to me. However, now I have the fear of failing the ARTC, which in a way defeats the objective, because without a licence I can't work. It worries me that this could be a reality. In theory, it defeats the objective of skilled migration, but I can sometimes worry over nothing....

I only need a restricted licence as a refrigeration and air conditioning mechanic. I did think about asking them to just use all my paperwork sent to have the pre migration assessment, but think that I might need to make the work references more detailed for this time...

Any advice is welcome and appreciated...

Thanks
Old Apr 7th 2007, 12:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for an ARTC

Originally Posted by iceman
Well we finally got visas last week, and hopefully plan to head to The Sunshine Coast in August. I have the forms to apply for an ARTC from TRA in Melbourne. Foolishly I thought it would be a straightforward application a little like the pre migration assessment (we sailed through that in 2 weeks) I sent them just about every bit of evidence I could find. It seems that the ARTC is a different level (TRA say it's far more rigorous because of the fact that it's official recognition of skills). I decided to apply from here, but my employer in Queensland has offered to have all the bits sent to him and send them on to me. However, now I have the fear of failing the ARTC, which in a way defeats the objective, because without a licence I can't work. It worries me that this could be a reality. In theory, it defeats the objective of skilled migration, but I can sometimes worry over nothing....

I only need a restricted licence as a refrigeration and air conditioning mechanic. I did think about asking them to just use all my paperwork sent to have the pre migration assessment, but think that I might need to make the work references more detailed for this time...

Any advice is welcome and appreciated...

Thanks

We just sent all the same stuff as we sent for the pre-migration assessment. I also included an up to date reference.

The difference between the TRA and the ARTC is that the TRA is assessed by a normal assessor, and the ARTC is assessed by a tradesman. The TRA assessor just ticks off tasks as set out in the Uniform Criteria and the ARTC is assessed by someone who knows the job.

Try not to worry too much, it's nowhere near as bad as it sounds mostly.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 1:27 am
The Master of Disaster

iceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really nice
Default Re: Applying for an ARTC

Originally Posted by Wendy
We just sent all the same stuff as we sent for the pre-migration assessment. I also included an up to date reference.

The difference between the TRA and the ARTC is that the TRA is assessed by a normal assessor, and the ARTC is assessed by a tradesman. The TRA assessor just ticks off tasks as set out in the Uniform Criteria and the ARTC is assessed by someone who knows the job.

Try not to worry too much, it's nowhere near as bad as it sounds mostly.
Thanks Wendy,

You are probably right in that it isn't that bad. I remember thinking the same about the TRA and giving my boss the speech about how they would interview him. All I got was a letter 3 week later and they never as much as picked up the phone. What I might do is send off the same stuff and if it fails then appeal or apply for a reassessment. My theory is quite decent should they call me I'm not too worried.

Cheers