Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Anyone know where to get work on Gold Coast?

Anyone know where to get work on Gold Coast?

Old Nov 16th 2010, 9:41 am
Just Joined

jon_d_h is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone know where to get work on Gold Coast?

Hi

I have arrived in Australia and am staying in the Gold Coast area. Im currently looking for work as either a trade assistant or electricians mate as I am still waiting on a reply from TRA. If anyone knows anywhere I can try, please let me know.

Also, how long should the ARTC take? I am tracking it online and they recieved it on 14th October but I still havnt had a reply.

Cheers

Jon
Old Nov 16th 2010, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

ericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone know where to get work on Gold Coast?

They say most applications are finalised within 30 working days.
Mine was received on 13 October, so lets hope we both receive good news soon...

Greetings
Erick
Old Nov 16th 2010, 10:37 am
Just Joined

A day before mine. Good luck. Let me know how you get on.

Jon
Old Nov 16th 2010, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

ericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really nice

Originally Posted by jon_d_h
A day before mine. Good luck. Let me know how you get on.

Jon
Thanks,
Will do!
Old Nov 17th 2010, 5:31 am
Just Joined

Just looked today. It now says Awaiting Assesment (Electrical Fitter) and a finalisation date of todays date. I hope this is good news. I did apply for Electrical Mechanic but I think due to doing factory maintenance, they changed it to Fitter.

Does anyone know the next stage and could I still have to do an interview or practical assesment?

Eriks - Any news on yours?

Jon
Old Nov 17th 2010, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

Just looked today. It now says Awaiting Assesment (Electrical Fitter) and a finalisation date of todays date. I hope this is good news. I did apply for Electrical Mechanic but I think due to doing factory maintenance, they changed it to Fitter.

Does anyone know the next stage and could I still have to do an interview or practical assesment?

Eriks - Any news on yours?

Jon
Wow that's good news, not what you wanted exactly but still ok.
Nothing from my side, same as you mostly Industrial Maintenance but applied for "Mechanic".

Greetings
Erick
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 6:39 am
Just Joined

Default TRA question?

Right, still waiting for an outcome from TRA. It still says finalisation date 17/11/2010 and the status is Awaiting Assessment (Electrical Fitter). I did apply for electrical mechanic but this came up.

Does anyone know if this is usual and have I been successful or are they still assessing? I just want to know because I have an interview tomorrow and they require Trade recognition so am unsure what to say.

Cheers
Old Nov 24th 2010, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

I am sure you will hear something soon...
Old Nov 24th 2010, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Just checked now and it says Granted as Electrical Fitter. Just need to find out if possiable to get elec mechanic because that would be better for me trying to find a job.

Ericks - You heard anything yet?
Old Nov 24th 2010, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Congratulations!!
I check every day, but nothing yet!
Would also prefer Mechanic though...

Greetings
Erick
Old Nov 24th 2010, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Just checked now and it says Granted as Electrical Fitter. Just need to find out if possiable to get elec mechanic because that would be better for me trying to find a job.

It only matters in some states. In South Australia for instance, all you need is the ARTC (either fitter or mechanic) and a pass on the wiring rules course and you get a full licence. I believe QLD only gives you a restricted one though. Not sure about other states
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

Checked this morning, it says Awaiting Assessment and a Finalisation date 2/12/2010...
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Hi there,
If you're going to Queensland and want to obtain a mechanic's licence then this site has some useful info on it- [URL="http://www.qet.edu.au"]www.qet.edu.au[/URL
Regards Derren
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by derren7
Hi there,
If you're going to Queensland and want to obtain a mechanic's licence then this site has some useful info on it- [URL="http://www.qet.edu.au"]www.qet.edu.au[/URL
Regards Derren
I'll try the link again- www.qet.edu.au
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Jon,
Just received an email stating that the application was finalised.
Checked online and my ARTC has been granted...

I would like to thank everyone on this forum who gave me so much
valuable advice!!!

Greetings
Erick

Last edited by ericks; Dec 2nd 2010 at 2:19 pm. Reason: addition