Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

anyone know any thing or used these to get their visa/skills test sorted?

anyone know any thing or used these to get their visa/skills test sorted?

Old May 9th 2014, 6:07 pm
uk soon to be in oz

deanoleeds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone know any thing or used these to get their visa/skills test sorted?

hi, i'm new to the forum and just starting out on getting my visa and transferring my qualifications over. has anyone used or know any one that used this company to do - http://electricianaustralia.co.uk/

i can't seem to find any reviews online so thought i'd post here

thanks
Old May 10th 2014, 1:50 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone know any thing or used these to get their visa/skills test sorted?

Originally Posted by deanoleeds
hi, i'm new to the forum and just starting out on getting my visa and transferring my qualifications over. has anyone used or know any one that used this company to do - http://electricianaustralia.co.uk/

i can't seem to find any reviews online so thought i'd post here

thanks
Hi Dean and welcome to BE

I had a quick look at the site. Some of the photos I recognise from other sites so they are using stock photos - no biggy though. I did have a read through and if you know what to look for, it does mention that you 'may' need further training (read that as you will have to do further training) and that you will need to work at least 12 months before you can get a license to work independently.

There is no MARA number that I can find which means that you have no guarantees that they know Australian immigration law, or have any safeguards. If you do feel you need assistance with the process we would always recommend using a MARA agent, and there are a few members of BE who are MARA registered. I've just checked their contact details and it links to the Immigration Advisory Service - I would guess that googling that company would get you some results - all bad from what I've read!

If you have a look back through the forum (here and the main Australia forums - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54 ) you can find all the info you need to make the application yourself, and advice you need on the process - and also find the horror stories where things have gone wrong because someone has been given the wrong info by unregistered agents (not saying this would happen in this case but you should be aware of the risks).
Old May 10th 2014, 7:17 am
uk soon to be in oz

Default Re: anyone know any thing or used these to get their visa/skills test sorted?

thanks for the quick reply

i'll have a look thanks. i thought it was a bit odd i couldn't find anything on-line about them to be honest. i was looking for an agency to help me because to be honest i'm not that good filling in paper work and wording things right
Old May 10th 2014, 7:23 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deanoleeds
thanks for the quick reply

i'll have a look thanks. i thought it was a bit odd i couldn't find anything on-line about them to be honest. i was looking for an agency to help me because to be honest i'm not that good filling in paper work and wording things right
There is plenty of advice here on the skills assessment side of things.

And plenty of advice in the Oz forums on the visa process as well as a guide in the BE wiki

If you need any help, just shout
Old May 10th 2014, 7:37 am
uk soon to be in oz

thanks, got a feeling i'll be on here a lot lol