Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Anybody already taken Peer exam in Adelaide?

Anybody already taken Peer exam in Adelaide?

Old Nov 3rd 2008, 1:24 am
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice
Default Anybody already taken Peer exam in Adelaide?

Hi guys

My hubby is about to take the Peer exam in Adelaide in three weeks and is a bit nervous and would like some advice from those of you that have already done it. It seems to be a case of turn up do a days revision then take the exam where they sit with you and make sure you pass it? Is that right? Is it possible to fail and if so can you re-take the test the next day?

Its just that Adam is flying from Cairns to do it and doesn't want to leave Adelaide until its passed!

After passing does he just go to OCBA, fill in the forms hand over the money and the licence will be sent to our home address?

Your advice and re-assurance !!! would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody already taken Peer exam in Adelaide?

FoxyRuthie;
I can assure you now, its NOT a case of turning up & passing the exam, its a lot easier at PEER than the rest of the states. However he must be on the ball with the wiring rules its as simple as that or he shall fail, also he must know all the new regs, there shall also be cable calc's for correct cable selection, once the exam is done im almost sure they post the results in the post withing 2 weeks, if he fails then he shall have to book in again & redo the exam.

Once he has passed he shall have to apply for the A class license to be transfered from S/A to cairns QLD again costing money.

all the best for the exams
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 4:37 am

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
FoxyRuthie;
I can assure you now, its NOT a case of turning up & passing the exam, its a lot easier at PEER than the rest of the states. However he must be on the ball with the wiring rules its as simple as that or he shall fail, also he must know all the new regs, there shall also be cable calc's for correct cable selection, once the exam is done im almost sure they post the results in the post withing 2 weeks, if he fails then he shall have to book in again & redo the exam.

Once he has passed he shall have to apply for the A class license to be transfered from S/A to cairns QLD again costing money.

all the best for the exams
I was not implying that he hadn't done any revision!!! He has spent the last three months with his head in his books making sure he knows it all, what I meant was what happens if he fails? They told us that they will tell you that day if you have passed or failed so I was looking for people who have taken the exam and I wondered if anyone HAD failed and if they had would he be able re-take the test the next day?

Have you done the PEER exam The_Pom_from_Aus?? if so I'd love to hear your experience?

Anybody else done the Peer exam? Your experience would be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

FoxyRuthie;
the thought of your O/H not doing revision had not crossed my mind for one min love, i have not been to PEER myself i did mine in Melbourne what a frigging nightmare that is, (bastards they are there).im sure they are not allowed to tell you on the day, however i shall post a lady on here called wendy she is spot on with it all she lives in S/A.

I speak to PEER via the phone frequently they are really decent people so are the instructors.
I did mention he must be very switched on with the wiring rules, seeming most of the exam is based around the wiring rules. ask your O/H if he is OK with finding clauses & sub clauses in the wiring rules thats where some people trip up, but on the day its a bloody awful experience for all doing the exams due to us all wanting to get the bloody license then we can all eat food again.????

if he needs anymore assistance feel free to P/M if he has any concerns regarding whats what
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Dawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant future

my hubby sat his at peer and he got his results the next day, im not sure what happens if you was to fail cos he passed first time! he popped back into peer the next day and his certificate was ready and he went off to ocba and sorted his licence outso i would allow at least one extra day after the exam for him to be in adelaide, as for rebooking if he was to fail, you would prob be best emailing peer with regards to that, i guess it depends when they could next fit him in etc etc, but hopefully he will pass first time and wont need to know

good luck to him when he gets there

Dawn x
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Dawn&Andy
my hubby sat his at peer and he got his results the next day, im not sure what happens if you was to fail cos he passed first time! he popped back into peer the next day and his certificate was ready and he went off to ocba and sorted his licence outso i would allow at least one extra day after the exam for him to be in adelaide, as for rebooking if he was to fail, you would prob be best emailing peer with regards to that, i guess it depends when they could next fit him in etc etc, but hopefully he will pass first time and wont need to know

good luck to him when he gets there

Dawn x
Thanks Dawn great to know

Anyone else done the Peer exam and found out the result the same day??

Thanks
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

andywilson19 is an unknown quantity at this point

it depends on how bad you fail you can just redo the stuff you failed on but if you fail too much then they could ask you to sit the whole thing again or worst case go in and do the course as they did with one that sat the exam with us

Andy
Old Nov 4th 2008, 3:06 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andywilson19
it depends on how bad you fail you can just redo the stuff you failed on but if you fail too much then they could ask you to sit the whole thing again or worst case go in and do the course as they did with one that sat the exam with us

Andy
was he thick ?? or was the test difficult ??

the reason i ask is that i personally know several who have been down to peer and they all say piss easy ???
Old Nov 4th 2008, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all

Hello All,

Just got off the phone to Peer, I was told that it's approx 3 hour exam and you can have the certificate within 15 minutes of finishing the test, most Brits have no problem the the exam if you have completed the 16th, just brush up on all the calcs, and make sure you know your way around the book, i think it's unwise to give your thoughts on how you think it might go, keep the forum factual if you have done it, then give advice if you haven't then your opinion is just that.

Just booked to take the test 12, 13 January, if your booked for then give me a shout.

Regards

Kevin
Old Nov 4th 2008, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

andywilson19 is an unknown quantity at this point

he was a bit slow 2 of them failed 1 german he had problems with the language and 1 indian but i dont think he was an electrician
I did find the exam easy I got 87% it is easier than the 16th eddition it depends on how many taking the exam as to how quick you get the results when I took it there was 15 of us that took the exam so they said they would need a couple of days to mark them

Andy
Old Nov 5th 2008, 5:22 am

thanks for all the info guys adams going down between 17th and 20th nov, so will be stright back on here tell you all how it went, good luck to all taking it dont know about anyone else but cant wait till this licence is over!!!
Old Nov 5th 2008, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kevin S
Hello All,

Just got off the phone to Peer, I was told that it's approx 3 hour exam and you can have the certificate within 15 minutes of finishing the test, most Brits have no problem the the exam if you have completed the 16th, just brush up on all the calcs, and make sure you know your way around the book, i think it's unwise to give your thoughts on how you think it might go, keep the forum factual if you have done it, then give advice if you haven't then your opinion is just that.

Just booked to take the test 12, 13 January, if your booked for then give me a shout.

Regards

Kevin

hi mate,
im booked in for 5th and 6th so fingers crossed!

not had chance to look at workbook for months! got passed the max demand etc then had to leave it for a bit. must get back into it ASAP!

good luck.
lee.

ps - you sorted where your staying? not booked hotel yet.

lee.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 5:20 am

no mate not booked accom yet just the flights, just going to get the cheapest dump i can find. have been trying to find somewhere close to peer but most of them are about 2 miles away, so hope the taxis are cheap!!
Old Nov 6th 2008, 5:41 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
no mate not booked accom yet just the flights, just going to get the cheapest dump i can find. have been trying to find somewhere close to peer but most of them are about 2 miles away, so hope the taxis are cheap!!
dont know about the taxis but the hookers are only 50 bucks a pop

my mate went to mc d`s across the way from peer for his tea and got offered a go for $50 phoned me ranting on 50 bucks ago she said
i asked if it was cheaper whould he have rung me whingin and he hung up
Old Nov 6th 2008, 7:23 am

maybe getting the licence and going all the way down there is worth it after all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.