Any way without licence

Old Aug 5th 2007, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

ramanamurthy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any way without licence

Dear All,

This is my first posting in this forum,although i was following it from some time.Through the discussions from this forum i came to know that it takes nearly 2-3 months to obtain an "A" grade licence,after getting ARTC.Isn't.If so in mean while can i work as temporary electrician without having the licence.I want to reside in perth.

Ramana
Old Aug 6th 2007, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

noggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to all
Default Re: Any way without licence

u can work on a restricted license untill u get yr full license
Old Aug 7th 2007, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Brigall is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to apply to department of Energy Safety, for a temporary licence to allow you to work under the supervision of a licenced electrician. Plenty of work available till you get the full A grade but at a reduced rate.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 2:01 pm
NO1SPARKY!

martin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Brigall
You need to apply to department of Energy Safety, for a temporary licence to allow you to work under the supervision of a licenced electrician. Plenty of work available till you get the full A grade but at a reduced rate.

JUST TO CLARIFY

Get to oz sort out your ARTC to allow you to attend a college course ??

Also contact the department of energy, safety, for a temp licence ??

Which will alow you to work supervised while attending college??

But whilst doing this you will be paid a reduced Rate So far so good????

OK but where will the jobs be for restricted electricians as i cant find them on any job site ???

Also can you contact the department of energy,safety whilst in the uk to obtain this restricted licence if you gave them a oz address>????

Regards

Martin

</IMG>
Old Aug 8th 2007, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

Martin, In response to your questions:-

Even after getting your ARTC you need to apply to Department Of Energy (DOE) who will issue you a letter confirming you can are allowed to apply for the A Grade licence.

DOE issue your temp licence the contractor you work for needs to sign this as well.

Yes

Yes

Just apply for any electrical job, inform the company you have applied and are waiting to sit the A grade exams. I applied for 3 jobs without my licence and got offered all 3. Do not worry about applying without a licence.

If you want to check out seek.com.au also look up The West Australian newspaper on line you will see all the jobs for electricians, Saturdays is the main job section. Also Skilled.com.au.

Best of luck

Brian
Old Aug 8th 2007, 3:10 pm
NO1SPARKY!

martin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud of

Martin, In response to your questions:-

Even after getting your ARTC you need to apply to Department Of Energy (DOE) who will issue you a letter confirming you can are allowed to apply for the A Grade licence.

DOE issue your temp licence the contractor you work for needs to sign this as well.

Yes

Yes

Just apply for any electrical job, inform the company you have applied and are waiting to sit the A grade exams. I applied for 3 jobs without my licence and got offered all 3. Do not worry about applying without a licence.

If you want to check out seek.com.au also look up The West Australian newspaper on line you will see all the jobs for electricians, Saturdays is the main job section. Also Skilled.com.au.

Best of luck

Brian

Cheers Brian

Sounds Good Just want to keep working so if i apply for a job just tell them i'm in process of obtaning my A grade and see there response

Ok Cheers Mate

Martin
Old Aug 8th 2007, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martin4414
JUST TO CLARIFY

Get to oz sort out your ARTC to allow you to attend a college course ??

Also contact the department of energy, safety, for a temp licence ??

Which will alow you to work supervised while attending college??

But whilst doing this you will be paid a reduced Rate So far so good????

OK but where will the jobs be for restricted electricians as i cant find them on any job site ???

Also can you contact the department of energy,safety whilst in the uk to obtain this restricted licence if you gave them a oz address>????

Regards

Martin

Martin, that's only applicable to WA. Here in SA it's totally different My PM to you last night gives you the process here, but if you need any clarification just let me know and I'll go through it again for you
Old Aug 9th 2007, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Martin,The temp licence is only valid for 1 year and the employer you will be working for will need to sign the application.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 11:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Martin,The temp licence is only valid for 1 year and the employer you will be working for will need to sign the application.

Again, not applicable to South Australia.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 3:40 am
Just Joined

ramanamurthy is an unknown quantity at this point

Signature of employer is mandatory in wa?
Old Aug 10th 2007, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

noggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to all

Yes it is mate,got the application form in front of me...declaration made by the electrical supervisor,he must sign it state his license no. and sign to supervise u..then it will take 2/3 weeks to process...and your off and running on apprentice wages!!
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by noggin
Yes it is mate,got the application form in front of me...declaration made by the electrical supervisor,he must sign it state his license no. and sign to supervise u..then it will take 2/3 weeks to process...and your off and running on apprentice wages!!

When my OH applied for his he didn't need an employer to sign the application (good job cos he couldn't find one ).
Old Aug 11th 2007, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Ha Ha ....well in WA u sure do
Old Aug 14th 2007, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Companys will take you on while you apply for the temp licence.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 6:20 pm
NO1SPARKY!

I got my Artc paper work today, took 2 & 1/2 week from applying
so i'll make a start on them this week still no visa , and so fed up

is there much work on at the minute also will it change around end october?? as thats when i plan to get there , Fingers Crossed.

Martin
</IMG></IMG>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.