Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Any new sparkies not been able to find work?

Any new sparkies not been able to find work?

Old Mar 26th 2009, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

saville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nice
Default Any new sparkies not been able to find work?

Has any A Class Electricians moved to Adelaide/Perth recently and not been able to find work after getting licence, we have just accepted offer on house and was hoping to move over September time but am quite scared as we will only have limited funds and we have 5 children. Any info would be appreciated.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

geordie2008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any new sparkies not been able to find work?

Originally Posted by saville
Has any A Class Electricians moved to Adelaide/Perth recently and not been able to find work after getting licence, we have just accepted offer on house and was hoping to move over September time but am quite scared as we will only have limited funds and we have 5 children. Any info would be appreciated.
donot worry mate, 5 kids will make you good money
Old Apr 4th 2009, 6:46 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie2008
donot worry mate, 5 kids will make you good money
what
you suggest he sells a few
no benifits for 2 yrs isnt it ???
Old Apr 4th 2009, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Chris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by steve`o
what
you suggest he sells a few
no benifits for 2 yrs isnt it ???
No the only thing you cant apply for is unemployment, but i doubt Mr Rudd will have any more stimulus money when the recession really hits!
Anyway it took me nearly 6 months to get a job traveling from the G coast to Brisbane, comes quite hard getting up at 4am after 6 months off!

Last edited by Chris Ball; Apr 4th 2009 at 9:14 pm.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

chris mcgow will become famous soon enoughchris mcgow will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Chris Ball
No the only thing you cant apply for is unemployment, but i doubt Mr Rudd will have any more stimulus money when the recession really hits!
Anyway it took me nearly 6 months to get a job traveling from the G coast to Brisbane, comes quite hard getting up at 4am after 6 months off!
I was all up for moving out this month but decided to ram it as the whole place is too much of a gamble. Am now in the process of putting me money that i was taking over on a villa in spain, that way i keep my house in UK, keep my good paying job here and come and go to spain as i please, eventually retiring there when time is right, aye the place is just not worth the hassle
Old Apr 5th 2009, 4:40 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris Ball

dave ( hunt66 ) has finally got a start as well

congratulations and good luck guys
Old Apr 5th 2009, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

hunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Steve
I'm working for the same company as Chris, although differant sites, he was good enough to let me know and i believe their still taking on. 18 month government project so thats me sorted for a bit.
Dave.

Originally Posted by steve`o
dave ( hunt66 ) has finally got a start as well

congratulations and good luck guys
Old Apr 5th 2009, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

saville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nice

Are you all saying stay put in uk or make the move? What ever we do we need to sponser our oldest before he is 18 in June 2010, do you think it will get better before then, they don't here or get worse, if it,s predicted to get worse maybe we should take a risk and make the move. Thanks for advice
Old Apr 6th 2009, 12:34 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hunt66
Hi Steve
I'm working for the same company as Chris, although differant sites, he was good enough to let me know and i believe their still taking on. 18 month government project so thats me sorted for a bit.
Dave.
Nice one Dave thats good news

Wish i was there now ! think my only way in now is through the SA sponsorship, not the route i wanted to take or the location i wanted to be in either.

Dougie
Old Apr 6th 2009, 3:18 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
Nice one Dave thats good news

Wish i was there now ! think my only way in now is through the SA sponsorship, not the route i wanted to take or the location i wanted to be in either.

Dougie
Dougie,

I'd have a punt at Queensland state sponsorship, I have queried the apparent withdrawal of sparks from their list (as mentioned on here) with my agent and they have said there is nothing to confirm that is the case, as yet at least. These forums are full of rumours which may or may not come to be true, i think it's worth a punt, I am waiting for a TRA response and will hopefully be trying for Queensland state sponsorship shortly
Old Apr 6th 2009, 3:26 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
Dougie,

I'd have a punt at Queensland state sponsorship, I have queried the apparent withdrawal of sparks from their list (as mentioned on here) with my agent and they have said there is nothing to confirm that is the case, as yet at least. These forums are full of rumours which may or may not come to be true, i think it's worth a punt, I am waiting for a TRA response and will hopefully be trying for Queensland state sponsorship shortly
Cheers Rinker i'll have a butchers at that tonight.

Dougie
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

I know all you helpful folk gave us some good advice on the job situation out their and it was not all good news. We were all prepared to stay in Uk and ride out storm here, however OH just had meeting at work today and he has now been informed of hours cut at work and if things don't pick up the r word ,has also been mentioned, we have sold house and soon moving into rented and aren't going to be any better off as rental property more than mortgage. Is work still as bad out their or are their any green shoots of improvement. If redundancy did happen it would probably happen about July time and hopefully they would have to give about 3 months notice so he would work till Oct time if you were in our shoes and redundancy did take place would you bite the bullet and make the move? He would not get much of a pay off and we would probably make the move with about 15k once he paid for his A class licence, flights etc but the employment situation here is dire so I don't think he'd get work her either, our concern is that if we stayed here we would eat into our immigration funds and our dream move won't happen. Many thanks for all your advice.