British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Electricians (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/)
-   -   Any apprenticeships on the sunshine coast? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/any-apprenticeships-sunshine-coast-495132/)

OzWannabee Nov 20th 2007 7:54 am

Any apprenticeships on the sunshine coast?

Thought it might be worth a try!! Does anyone know of any electrical apprenticeship vacancies on the Sunshine Coast?

I'm 35 and a mechanic for 10 years and a firefighter for 6 years. If you hear of any vacancies or any ideas of how to get one it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

sparks124 Nov 22nd 2007 5:01 am

Re: Any apprenticeships on the sunshine coast?

Originally Posted by OzWannabee (Post 5577454)
Thought it might be worth a try!! Does anyone know of any electrical apprenticeship vacancies on the Sunshine Coast?

I'm 35 and a mechanic for 10 years and a firefighter for 6 years. If you hear of any vacancies or any ideas of how to get one it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

most electrical compaines get there apprentices from agencies, so i wouls start there.

try all trades queensland, electro group and i think another one is east coast apprentices.

dont know how good that will be, they should be worth a try fro you. let us know how things go. sparks

OzWannabee Nov 23rd 2007 2:29 am

Originally Posted by sparks124 (Post 5586600)
most electrical compaines get there apprentices from agencies, so i wouls start there.

try all trades queensland, electro group and i think another one is east coast apprentices.

dont know how good that will be, they should be worth a try fro you. let us know how things go. sparks

Thanks Sparks, I've sent you a PM.

Darren&Leanne Nov 27th 2007 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by OzWannabee (Post 5577454)

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul

Its quite easy to get an apprenticeship.

If you try Alltrades and also pop in to North Gateway Tafe (thats where you will do the courses even tho you are up in sunny coast)and see a man called Bill Langford. He will point you in the right direction.

There are heaps of mature apprentices over here and you will start on more money than a young guy who has just left school.

If you want some experience before you leave give us a yell.:)

Darren :)

OzWannabee Nov 28th 2007 1:19 am

Originally Posted by leannefr (Post 5607897)
Hi Paul

Its quite easy to get an apprenticeship.

If you try Alltrades and also pop in to North Gateway Tafe (thats where you will do the courses even tho you are up in sunny coast)and see a man called Bill Langford. He will point you in the right direction.

There are heaps of mature apprentices over here and you will start on more money than a young guy who has just left school.

If you want some experience before you leave give us a yell.:)

Darren :)

Cheers Darren

Already registered with Alltrades but will give that guy a call! See you onSat! :beer::beer::beer:

Darren&Leanne Nov 28th 2007 8:38 am

Originally Posted by OzWannabee (Post 5608234)
Cheers Darren

Already registered with Alltrades but will give that guy a call! See you onSat! :beer::beer::beer:

No worries...

And Sunday!!!!:thumbsup: