British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Electricians (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/)
-   -   agency or not (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/agency-not-517660/)

dan77 Feb 27th 2008 7:21 pm

agency or not

hello hope somebody can help i have just spoke to an agency to start the process for my visa to oz 175visa it is expensive to go through them. is it the best route to take or could i do it another way .or can you recommend anybody to go through thanks dan

Graff Feb 27th 2008 8:46 pm

Re: agency or not

Originally Posted by dan77 (Post 5991280)
hello hope somebody can help i have just spoke to an agency to start the process for my visa to oz 175visa it is expensive to go through them. is it the best route to take or could i do it another way .or can you recommend anybody to go through thanks dan

Hi Dan, I used an agent that managed to get me my visa for Oz because I did not have a clue how to go about it. Yes they are expensive, here is a link to an agent that gives free seminars up an down the U.K. http://www.thinkingaustralia.com/home.asp I did not get my visa through these people as I found out about them after I paid a lot of dough through an other agent. One thing I can say about the link above, I went to one of there free seminars and I was well impressed, they could sort you out a job as well. The agent I had was good as they got me my visa :p but unlike the above link, it was a matter of them emailing me the forms for me to print off so no cost to them in paper or ink, and there are so many forms to fill in.

Even if you do not use an agent go to one of the free seminars on the above link so you would know whats involved. Now I have my visa I was hoping to be out of here by know, but the house is on the market with no Joy. Looks like I have to shell out more money now for the 17th edition course, as I may be here past July. Another paper under my belt even though its multi choice.;)

Porter Feb 27th 2008 9:01 pm

Hi guys,how much are you looking at paying if you dont mind me asking for these agents?thanks Ian

Graff Feb 27th 2008 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Porter (Post 5991780)
Hi guys,how much are you looking at paying if you dont mind me asking for these agents?thanks Ian

Hi Ian, mine cost around £3700 I think thats me including the medicals. I know I may have got it cheaper but I am just happy I now have my permanent visa. Prices now have changed as the visa process is different, as I received mine back in August 2007.

dan77 Feb 27th 2008 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by Porter (Post 5991780)

the total cost i got told by the agent was about £4700. £1800 + vat is for the agent

Wendy Feb 28th 2008 3:51 am

Originally Posted by dan77 (Post 5992063)
the total cost i got told by the agent was about £4700. £1800 + vat is for the agent

You can get a list of average fees from www.themara.com.au

Ours cost £1900+ VAT :)

Brigall Feb 28th 2008 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 5992919)
You can get a list of average fees from www.themara.com.au

Ours cost £1900+ VAT :)

Did not use an agent. There is a lot of paperwork to fill in, although it is only the same as that issued to you by an agent. You still have to run around gathering references etc if you use an agent or not.

There is loads of info on this site that will assist you in completing the process yourself.

Porter Feb 29th 2008 4:06 pm

thanks for those replys it really helps.With also paying for the vetassess route for an off shore technical license its giving me a better view on the amount to payout.Also does the cost go up for the amount of dependents on the application.I have 1 OH+3 kids?thanks

Chris Ball Feb 29th 2008 6:31 pm

I used an agent in Oz and it cost me just under AU$5000 this included TRA Fees and Visa cost. I had to pay for medicals approx £800 for family of 5.
I found using an agent took a bit of the stress out of the whole process as they will not submit anything uuntilthey Know they have all info required.
I think the agents fees alone were about AU$2500.
If i were to do it all again i would use an agent again.
It does not cost for more children, but i had to pay for a child to have a medical even though he is not coming with us !!

Wendy Feb 29th 2008 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Porter (Post 5999669)
thanks for those replys it really helps.With also paying for the vetassess route for an off shore technical license its giving me a better view on the amount to payout.Also does the cost go up for the amount of dependents on the application.I have 1 OH+3 kids?thanks

No, it's one visa application for your whole family. You will all have to have medicals though.