Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

After Vetassess / Off shore training record

After Vetassess / Off shore training record

Old Jun 10th 2008, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all
Default Re: After Vetassess / Off shore training record

Thanks Janna for that it sounds a lot more promising lets hope by the time we get over there it will all be sorted. Thanks again.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

No problem. Fingers crossed it does get sorted and quickly! Especially for the April takers who could foreseeable be there in the next 6 - 10 months.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by steve`o
now regarding the vettesse`s
i was under the impression that this gave you a qualification similar to the artc, which enabled you to apply for the permit to train that would lead to a full licence

try emailing peer tell them youve applied via the new vetts route and will they accept that the same as an artc for entrance to there course
on electrical wiring and testing, if you get a positive reply then its the same as before, ie all go to peer get a SA licence and work where you like
I will email all the licensing authorities this week to check with each one, make sure that vetassess does give you a temporary license etc

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
This shows the response from an agent regarding the matter.... Hope this is correct!

Wait to see what happens with you doc....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542075
Still no reply from vetassess, they are probably shredding my paperwork right now after the emails i sent them

wasnt expecting anything soon from WA authority for another week or two :curse::curse:

doc
Old Jun 11th 2008, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

ok guys

Got a reply from Vetassess

Thank you for your email.

We have spoken to Energy Safety in Western Australia about this and have made them aware that people will soon be arriving in Australia with the new Offshore Technical Skills Record (OTSR).

This process is a new one that has been organised by the Federal government (the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations who TRA are part of) and involves acceptance of the OTSR as a form of provisional licensing as well as for skilled migration purposes. In Australia, licensing is the responsibility of state bodies and this process has involved the Federal Government working with State regulatory bodies and industry to agree upon new standards that can be applied nationally. It allows newly arrived migrants to undertake some form of work when they arrive onshore while they undertake the required training/experience to gain a full licence. VETASSESS’ role is to undertake the assessments against the agreed standards.

While all regulatory bodies have agreed to this process, my understanding is that some regulatory bodies have yet to establish recognition mechanisms because it is a new process and they have yet to see an OTSR be submitted to them. This will obviously change pretty quickly. You should not need to apply to TRA.

I will follow up with our Offshore Manager regarding the WA case and reply to you when I have more information.

Kind Regards

Panic over?

Doc
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Lets hope so, thanks Doc one more worry off our shoulders.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Becky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to all

Clear as mud
Old Jun 11th 2008, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

I think as they say it's a new process. I expect there will be some teething problems to begin with while everyone gets used to the new way of doing things. But hopefully this shoudn't take too long and it will be sorted pretty soon. I for one would not like to be the first applicant for the provisional licence.....

Keep us posted on how you get on Doc. I'm pretty sure you'll be going through this before we will be. Good luck..... rest a little bit easier I think
Old Jun 11th 2008, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

imagine that!

Me being one of the first people to go through licensing with an OSTR

Will promise to keep everyone informed

doc
Old Aug 10th 2008, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry for the long delay in posting here but its taken a while to find this out.

Ok heres what ive found out!

Not good news really,

With the OSTR you recieve from vetasses you then apply to the regional licencing authority, for me it was energy licencing in WA.

I sent a copy of my cerificate with the gap training advice form from vetasses, a fee of 39 dollars and the completed registration form from their web site.

I then recieved confirmation from them, that i can now apply for a "permit to work under supervision"

But and heres the big but, i cant apply for this licence until i have a company and an electrician to sign saying they will supervise me!

So there you go guys,

your thoughts?

Doc
Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Does anybody know whether that is the norm when applying for a "permit to work under supervision".

Do Australian electricians have to do the same?

Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
Does anybody know whether that is the norm when applying for a "permit to work under supervision".

Do Australian electricians have to do the same?

i was under the impression that the aus sparks had to do this anyway

maybe some one like steve o can clarify

so much for vetassess then,

doc
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:12 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

I can only speek for Queensland but when i got mine i only needed to send a copy of my ARTC to obtain the permit. Didnt need to have a job to obtain the permit????

Stu
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

dobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to all

doc, my understanding was that you get the ostr, then once in oz you apply to the state you wish to work in for a limited license.
the package i received from vetassess has my ostr attached to it.

dobaman
Old Aug 11th 2008, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

So will a company employ you if you dont have the permit to work under supervision in place!!! I think it will cause some problems when we get over there, great more obstacles what fun
Old Aug 11th 2008, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

i reaaly dont know what is going to happen guys and gals!

Steve, wendy can you give any guess's?

Im heading over on a WHV so will try for licenses then and will inform you all when there

sorry for the bad news will hunt some information when there

keep your heads up

you'll all be there soon

doc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.