Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

After Vetassess / Off shore training record

After Vetassess / Off shore training record

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice
Exclamation Re: After Vetassess / Off shore training record

hi guys,

to give you an update vetasses have now replied to my email

We will follow up with the WA authority about your issue.

Please go to http://www.licensinglinenews.com/Vie...articleid=2445 to read more information on the status of the OTSR and the VETASSESS Consortium.

The OTSR is only issued to potential migrants but it entitles the holder to ‘provisional’ licensing or registration within the relevant State/ Territory.

so vetasses are right in what they say so far but will wait for confirmation from energy licencing too

sorry for frightening you electricians out there

doc
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all
Default Re: After Vetassess / Off shore training record

Thanks Doc I just hope that it is sorted out by the time we go which looks like it could be up to 9 months but hey have to sell the house and everything anyway when are you going to do your medicals and police checks we are still waiting for sponsorship so a little bit behind you. Thanks again for finding out the info.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by shar07
Thanks Doc I just hope that it is sorted out by the time we go which looks like it could be up to 9 months but hey have to sell the house and everything anyway when are you going to do your medicals and police checks we are still waiting for sponsorship so a little bit behind you. Thanks again for finding out the info.
ive decided to front load my meds so got booked for next week, will get police done this week

plan to be out there as soon as i get my visa so looking around dec/jan

or earlier if they open these new centres etc

when i find out more, which i hope is this week i will post here

good luck with everything

doc
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about

Doc, you are literally the new Steve O!!

Great work fella!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jonsparx
Doc, you are literally the new Steve O!!

Great work fella!
ha ha, dont think steve would like that!!

spaeking of steve i havent seen him post for a while!!

doc
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about

yeah cos he`s jealous of you! LOL
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice

Hi guys, i think your right and let nature take its course. Hopefully in the fulness of time the various institutions and states will communicate and get this sorted,its just if its in time for some of us that are looking to move fairly soon.Good luck to us all!!
Old Jun 6th 2008, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

ok then, here's a reply from energy licensing

I sincerely apologise for the delay in responding to your mail. I have had some problems with my email as well.

On checking up information with regards to Vetassess, I have got to learn that the Electrical Licensing Board is in the process of amending their policies to accept applications that have been assessed by Vetassess. This would then mean that you would not have to go through the TRA.
Unfortunately, a decision has not been made yet. You could either wait a while or apply for a TRA when you are in Australia.

As mentioned earlier, you may also be eligible to work under supervision.

Regards,

your thoughts guys?

doc
Old Jun 6th 2008, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Doc,

Sounds a bit like Vetassess jumped the gun posting what they have on their website....... They're saying that the Electrical Board is still deciding what to do about receiving a positive result from Vetassess.... So a B-licence is not guaranteed.... at this point

However, if going through Vetassess for immigration and then TRA to work in Oz is the only way then that's what we've got to do.... but it sounds like we've been short changed!:curse:

It would make sense to make licencing easier for immigrants though as having to wait 3 months for a licence/complete college courses etc when you get to Oz for some is hard going. So a B licence from Vetassess would make things a lot easier....

May be worth emailing or PM'ing Alan Colett to see what his take on this is? Or perhaps someone who is using an Agent on here and doing Vetassess can enquire?

When we have our date confirmed for the July practical , I will email them to say "once we've done our practical then what?"

Hope this gets sorted soon for all the April takers though.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

ive emailed vetasses twice now with no reply!!

think they might have been rumbled and have gone into hiding??/

lets see what happens

doc
Old Jun 6th 2008, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice

Hi guys,it does seem that not everything is clear cut and how long will the transition period be? Is there a time limit on the OSTR before expiry or is it open ended?
Old Jun 6th 2008, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Hi I am pretty annoyed with all of this because we were going through TRA last July and were refused and told had to wait to go through Vetassess as rules had changed, if the rules had not changed and we were able to go through TRA we would probably have our visa by now and looking to do ARTC, it looks like we may still have to do ARTC, what have we gained -nothing -what have we lost - about a grand, surely you would have thought that Vetassess would have liaised with the right people before it was put into place Sorry rant over having a bad day

Last edited by shar07; Jun 6th 2008 at 7:32 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 8:14 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by docgp
ha ha, dont think steve would like that!!

spaeking of steve i havent seen him post for a while!!

doc
been too busy mate, ive set up on my own which means as well as the work theres the paperwork, invoices, completion certs, gst ( like vat ) to do
that coupled with the fact that ive still not finished the house means i`m really stretched at the moment

keep up the good work doc its good to help

regards steve
Old Jun 6th 2008, 8:20 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
been too busy mate, ive set up on my own which means as well as the work theres the paperwork, invoices, completion certs, gst ( like vat ) to do
that coupled with the fact that ive still not finished the house means i`m really stretched at the moment

keep up the good work doc its good to help

regards steve

now regarding the vettesse`s
i was under the impression that this gave you a qualification similar to the artc, which enabled you to apply for the permit to train that would lead to a full licence

try emailing peer tell them youve applied via the new vetts route and will they accept that the same as an artc for entrance to there course
on electrical wiring and testing, if you get a positive reply then its the same as before, ie all go to peer get a SA licence and work where you like
Old Jun 10th 2008, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

This shows the response from an agent regarding the matter.... Hope this is correct!

Wait to see what happens with you doc....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542075

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.