advise needed

Old Jun 5th 2007, 7:10 am
Just Joined

ian j is an unknown quantity at this point
Default advise needed

can anyone help i am approved electrician/hazardous area inspector/superviser with 14 experience in chemical/industrial field. i've just landed in melbourne, half way through getting the artc evidence together.
is it possible to start work while waiting for my artc?
what the pay scale might be?
what type of vehicle would you recommend i need for work?
thanks
ian
Old Jun 10th 2007, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advise needed

Ian, you will need to do the A class license its as simple as that, its illegal to work in australia without the A class license sorry to say you can do a short course at the Tafe (College) 1 night per week for 10 weeks or so then do the exams, in melbourne its a nightmare its the worst in australia. but if you need help i can assist you there i have examples of the exams and lots of examples of cable calc's. you will need to be able to read the books inside out for the exams thats where the short course comes in very handy, again i can help you there, i can also give you a very descriptive run down on whats expected on the day of each exam.

regards

arthur in melbourne
Old Jun 14th 2007, 11:33 am
Just Joined

ian j is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
Ian, you will need to do the A class license its as simple as that, its illegal to work in australia without the A class license sorry to say you can do a short course at the Tafe (College) 1 night per week for 10 weeks or so then do the exams, in melbourne its a nightmare its the worst in australia. but if you need help i can assist you there i have examples of the exams and lots of examples of cable calc's. you will need to be able to read the books inside out for the exams thats where the short course comes in very handy, again i can help you there, i can also give you a very descriptive run down on whats expected on the day of each exam.

regards

arthur in melbourne
Hi Arthur
Thanks for the information, i would be very greatful for your assistance in these matters. At the moment i am waiting for my shipment for britain to get all my evidence together for the ARTC application. What books do i need for my licence? Do you know of any electrical company's (industrial) taking on? would work as elec/ mate for now while everything sorted, getting bored not used to being off for so long.
Thanks
Ian
Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

ian can you email me at home please i check that every day, regarding the books there is a new wiring rules (regs book) due out in the next few weeks so dont bother, as for working as a sparkies mate again not worth the trouble as the person you would be working for MUST check all your work. you will also find there are lot of people here who are as rough as guts, the type of cabling thats mainly used is T&E even for a lot of industrial applications they dont use singles cables, & 90% of conduit & trunkings are PVC a piece of cake. mind you the switchboards are very good especially 3 phase to my mind they are lots better than the UK

if you click on my info then right click on profile (i think) it then shows my home email address.

arthur

Originally Posted by ian j
Hi Arthur
Thanks for the information, i would be very greatful for your assistance in these matters. At the moment i am waiting for my shipment for britain to get all my evidence together for the ARTC application. What books do i need for my licence? Do you know of any electrical company's (industrial) taking on? would work as elec/ mate for now while everything sorted, getting bored not used to being off for so long.
Thanks
Ian