Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Advice needed Electrician moving to Queensland

Advice needed Electrician moving to Queensland

Old Jul 28th 2005, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Sonia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice needed Electrician moving to Queensland

Are there any Electrician's out there? We have our application in and are playing the waiting game! We could do with some advice with regards to the job market in Australia for electricians.
My husband has 23yrs experience running his own business, what kind of job could he hope to get? Would he have to start at the bottom of the ladder to prove his qualifications or could he move straight into a supervisory post?

Also at what point do you start applying for jobs? Credit card was debited at the beginning of June.

Thanks
Sonia
P.S Its cold, grey & rainy here & its July!
Old Jul 28th 2005, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

lilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed Electrician moving to Queensland

Originally Posted by Sonia
Are there any Electrician's out there? We have our application in and are playing the waiting game! We could do with some advice with regards to the job market in Australia for electricians.
My husband has 23yrs experience running his own business, what kind of job could he hope to get? Would he have to start at the bottom of the ladder to prove his qualifications or could he move straight into a supervisory post?

Also at what point do you start applying for jobs? Credit card was debited at the beginning of June.

Thanks
Sonia
P.S Its cold, grey & rainy here & its July!
suggest you get hubby to put resume on the jobsearch websites in oz, he can then be headhunted or, at least apply for the jobs while waiting.Either way you'll get an idea of whats available out there, personally i recommend www.seek.com.au. it's free to post a basic resume. I'd do a search on here for electrician posts to find out the rules for qualifying as an electrician in queensland - different states have different tests/grades etc.Also,try here
http://www.dir.qld.gov.au/electricalsafety/training/
Happy hunting!!
Old Aug 11th 2005, 12:38 am
Just Joined

adammc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sonia,

We are running Far North Queensland Only Job Searh Site.
We launched 3 weeks ago, its really taking off!

Take a look on the site, I believe we currently have a job on the site for an Electrician

http://www.workincairns.com.au
Old Aug 7th 2006, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all

Hi you will find a lot of companies won't hire you with a state licence as a sparky,so only be able to work as a T.A which is better than nothing.At least money will be coming in until you get it.
Look on seek.com.au monster.com.au for work .
Cheers L rri