Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Adelaide Spark looking for work

Adelaide Spark looking for work

Old Nov 3rd 2007, 12:08 pm
NO1SPARKY!

martin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud of
Default Adelaide Spark looking for work

Hi All

I will be looking far work as a restricted spark around dec 07 can anyone point me direction or anyone no companies taking on ??

Booked in Peer 3rd Dec to do wiring course

Any Help would appreciated

Regards

Martin
Old Nov 4th 2007, 4:09 pm
NO1SPARKY!

martin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Adelaide Spark looking for work

Any good pointers

ANYONE
Old Nov 4th 2007, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martin4414
Any good pointers

ANYONE

I know that last year most jobs disappeared out of the paper for most of December until after Christmas. Some companies shut down for two weeks over xmas, so my thought is that they don't like to take people on so near to Xmas as they would then have to either pay them holiday pay or the employee would have to take time out without pay (that's my theory, could be wrong though )

I've asked my OH to keep his ear out for you, but he hasn't heard of anything yet. There's also an agency in SA called Hudsons, get in touch with them when you get here and see what they say - they got my OH a job within 24 hours (but he did have his licence).
Old Nov 4th 2007, 9:37 pm
NO1SPARKY!

Originally Posted by Wendy
I know that last year most jobs disappeared out of the paper for most of December until after Christmas. Some companies shut down for two weeks over xmas, so my thought is that they don't like to take people on so near to Xmas as they would then have to either pay them holiday pay or the employee would have to take time out without pay (that's my theory, could be wrong though )

I've asked my OH to keep his ear out for you, but he hasn't heard of anything yet. There's also an agency in SA called Hudsons, get in touch with them when you get here and see what they say - they got my OH a job within 24 hours (but he did have his licence).

HI wendy have you seen my face book ive been busy
Old Nov 4th 2007, 11:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

HI wendy have you seen my face book ive been busy

I noticed
Old Nov 11th 2007, 1:52 am
Just Joined

tote_end_john is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

I will be looking far work as a restricted spark around dec 07 can anyone point me direction or anyone no companies taking on ??

Booked in Peer 3rd Dec to do wiring course

Any Help would appreciated

Regards

Martin
hi martin, been here 5 weeks now from uk, i was lucky to get work after 2 weeks. can u email me for details? will be booking same peer course if poss.
i also registered with agency called rexco when i arrived, they did ring me 2 ask if i had licence yet, they could have got me work if i had.
what work do you do, maint or inst, domestic or ind or commercial?
Old Nov 11th 2007, 9:24 am
NO1SPARKY!

Originally Posted by tote_end_john
hi martin, been here 5 weeks now from uk, i was lucky to get work after 2 weeks. can u email me for details? will be booking same peer course if poss.
i also registered with agency called rexco when i arrived, they did ring me 2 ask if i had licence yet, they could have got me work if i had.
what work do you do, maint or inst, domestic or ind or commercial?

Hi buddy

Wow 5 weeks well done mate i just cant wait at mo,
I'll pm ya

ive been told that we can work supervised until licence is complete
just waiting for my passports to get back and i can then send off for my ARTC

Ow well 16 day till our flight,

where you staying ??

you say you got work how you finding it what field are you working, ive covered it all

i would like to stay in the medical installations, as i been doing loads of work for Phillips & Ge medical for the last 4 years (just got to find it when i'm there.

Mart
Old Nov 12th 2007, 5:24 am
Just Joined

tote_end_john is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi buddy

Wow 5 weeks well done mate i just cant wait at mo,
I'll pm ya

ive been told that we can work supervised until licence is complete
just waiting for my passports to get back and i can then send off for my ARTC

Ow well 16 day till our flight,

where you staying ??

you say you got work how you finding it what field are you working, ive covered it all

i would like to stay in the medical installations, as i been doing loads of work for Phillips & Ge medical for the last 4 years (just got to find it when i'm there.

Mart
hi martin, staying with relatives in glenelg, moving to brighton next week.ive done pretty much all stuff, but not maintenance. now working for firm who do mainly ind and commercial., air con etc. a bit different to uk, but i'm coping ok! hope things go well. cheers, john.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 5:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tote_end_john
hi martin, staying with relatives in glenelg, moving to brighton next week.ive done pretty much all stuff, but not maintenance. now working for firm who do mainly ind and commercial., air con etc. a bit different to uk, but i'm coping ok! hope things go well. cheers, john.

Hi John,

Welcome to Adelaide and to BE

Is the weather hot enough for you yet?