British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Electricians (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/)
-   -   Adelaide PEER Exam Week Starting 17th Jan 2012 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/adelaide-peer-exam-week-starting-17th-jan-2012-a-741918/)

minty01 Dec 14th 2011 4:09 pm

Adelaide PEER Exam Week Starting 17th Jan 2012

Well after over 3 years of planning and hard work we will finally be arriving in Adelaide on the 09th Jan 2012.

I have been doing the wiring regs course via distance learning and just got myself booked on the exam week (3-4 days) starting on the 17th Jan.

Is there anyone esle booked in for this exam week course ?

And as anyone done the PEER wiring regs course and course and give me an insight as toi what to expect. Is it a bit like the 17TH edition course or more indepth.

Thanks all.

Jockstar Dec 14th 2011 9:22 pm

Re: Adelaide PEER Exam Week Starting 17th Jan 2012

Originally Posted by minty01 (Post 9788362)
Well after over 3 years of planning and hard work we will finally be arriving in Adelaide on the 09th Jan 2012.

I have been doing the wiring regs course via distance learning and just got myself booked on the exam week (3-4 days) starting on the 17th Jan.

Is there anyone esle booked in for this exam week course ?

And as anyone done the PEER wiring regs course and course and give me an insight as toi what to expect. Is it a bit like the 17TH edition course or more indepth.

Thanks all.

Dont worry too much minty. You'll be fine. As long as you have done the book its not too hard. Make sure you are up to speed with maximum demand. Its changed a bit since when i done it. But after the revision and u are about to start the exam. I started with all the calculations first as it was fresh in my mind. The other boys were doing the regs first. I finished hours before them and was out the door. The PEER guys are very helpful. Good luck but you wont need it.

minty01 Dec 14th 2011 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Jockstar (Post 9788961)
Dont worry too much minty. You'll be fine. As long as you have done the book its not too hard. Make sure you are up to speed with maximum demand. Its changed a bit since when i done it. But after the revision and u are about to start the exam. I started with all the calculations first as it was fresh in my mind. The other boys were doing the regs first. I finished hours before them and was out the door. The PEER guys are very helpful. Good luck but you wont need it.

Hello, is the exam writen or miltiple choice ?

Jockstar Dec 14th 2011 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by minty01 (Post 9788975)

Bit of both i remember correctly. Most questions you will face are pretty similar to the book.

Jockstar Dec 14th 2011 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by minty01 (Post 9788975)

Just had a look back at what i posted after i passed. My post is quoted below. BTW its an open book test.

For those doing or about to do the PEER route. Make sure you do the book. Though not all questions in the test are covered with what you have already filled in. Actually not many. Make sure you do maximum demand and make sure you get the guy to run through it with you. Make sure you take notes, make sure you take colouring pencils, ruler and sharpener with you. Swot up on impedance. Make sure you ask questions. The teacher we had Jess was very helpful. He was hardly in the class though . I started with the maximum demand and calculations plus drawing as it was fresh in my head. The other 2 guys started with the clause. I finished hours before them. So its up to you. But I'd say do what i done. Good luck

minty01 Dec 14th 2011 9:58 pm

Many thanks mate. Still going through the book and its a good remembering tool. Good to know its an open book exam aswell. Keep your eyes peeled i might be asking some more questions soon mate. :thumbup:

stixblue Jan 15th 2012 7:18 am

Hello Minty

Welcometo OZ mate especially Adelaide.

Youll be fine at PEER the lecturer is a bloke called Theo he's a great help, best of luck.

Stixblue