Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

17 day electrical multi course?

17 day electrical multi course?

Old Jul 7th 2009, 11:46 am
Just Joined

Sparks J is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 17 day electrical multi course?

Hi,

I'm thinking of doing the 17 day electrical multi course. Can anyone advise as to whether this course is accredited and if I will pass the skills assessment through vetasses.

The course consists of:

* 5 Day Electrical Foundation Course
* 5 Day Part P, VRQ qualification Course
* 4 Day City & Guilds 2392, Testing & Inspection Course
* 3 Day City & Guilds 2382, 17th edition Wiring regs Course

Any comments will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim
Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice
Default Re: 17 day electrical multi course?

There is no long term electrical qualification here ie 2360, 2330, so no. The 2392 will mean you can test your own work, the 2382 is a regs update course, neither makes you an electrician so your JIB grading with these qualifications would be at best an electrical improver. And you would have no work experience which is also required.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 4:57 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

I mentioned your 17day course to Johnny Mc and this is what he said........................

I feel that this is a wind up

Dougie

Last edited by Dougie; Jul 7th 2009 at 5:04 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Kirby Reynolds is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sparks J
Hi,

I'm thinking of doing the 17 day electrical multi course. Can anyone advise as to whether this course is accredited and if I will pass the skills assessment through vetasses.

The course consists of:

Thanks,
Jim

:r ofl:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha do you really think you can learn a skilled trade in a few weeks!! Do you think we all went to college for 4 years while gettin paid penuts just for a laugh???? No we did it for experience. which is priceless by the way....

P.S Dougie

Love the mack video! the man is a legend!
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

jonnyd is on a distinguished road

haha like it
Old Jul 13th 2009, 4:16 pm
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by minty01
There is no long term electrical qualification here ie 2360, 2330, so no. The 2392 will mean you can test your own work, the 2382 is a regs update course, neither makes you an electrician so your JIB grading with these qualifications would be at best an electrical improver. And you would have no work experience which is also required.
:r ofl::roflHA HA HA HA Bonk!
Old Jul 19th 2009, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sparks J
Hi,

The course consists of:

Thanks,
Jim
As Minty said you need the City and Guilds 2330 level 2 and 3 with the NVQ 3 2356 as well as the above plus, yep you guessed it EXPERIENCE, loads of it.
These courses arent cheap but they are worth it in the long run providing you do it the right way, good luck with it all.