Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

*OUTRAGEOUS* - VETASSESS PRACTICAL JULY ARGHHHHHH

*OUTRAGEOUS* - VETASSESS PRACTICAL JULY ARGHHHHHH

Old Sep 5th 2008, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

Dazza.M is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: *OUTRAGEOUS* - VETASSESS PRACTICAL JULY ARGHHHHHH

The_Pom_From_Aus......definately mate, what do you do in Melbourne for work??
Old Sep 6th 2008, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Dazza.M;

during the week Monday to Friday i work for the dept of education as a computer networks technician, using mainly Novell also a little MS server 2003 & 2008, part of the job is providing support to student & staff for about 1700 users. so besides doing the normal stuff like software support & hardware i also do all the network cabling data & fiber cabling. then if time permits i also do some electrical work for them, then on Saturdays i work for myself doing electrical installation seeming im a qualified spark.
Its a fantastic day here in Melbourne NO cloud at all a mere 19C, its just like a perfect english summer day, i was working in the garden & i could smell sausages that some lucky sod had put on there Barbie.(bastards they are).

But its still only 3.00pm so in the next 30 mins i shall be enjoying a glass of wine with cheese & biscuits in my garden with the wife.

regards

Arthur
Old Sep 8th 2008, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

The_Pom_From_Aus.....You are well and truly brainy, unlike me hahaha, I think i'll try to get a sponsorship like before and try to get out there on a 457 Visa, that's the only way forward I think, even if Vetassess were to look into my failings they may ask me to take it again, not sure whether I have the confidence or experience in which they are after, some guy had been a spark for 20 years plus and he also failed this exam, I've only been doing it 3 years but 2 for solid years so i've got no hope, I was in Brisbane / Darwin 6 years ago on a 457 Visa doing Freight forwarding, I think i'll try that way as I cannot keep paying for re-takes of exams.

I can't wait to get to Aus for that beer you promised me, hahaha
Old Sep 8th 2008, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Dazza.M;
I'm just a Lancashire lad who came from a rough as guts council estate, ive been lucky mate its as simple as that.
If you do the exams again i think you will be Ok this time round.

can you remember some of the things they failed you on. for goodness sake dont start to run your self down, after all if you don't know some answers to the questions they threw at you then ask us on here mate. if its motors then Stev"O from QLD has some very good schematic drawings you can look at on here.
There is also lots of people on here who may assist with any maths problems, so at the end of the day all is not lost, next time be prepared for whatever the bastards can throw at you DONT give up.

Now then in your last post you said you would love to meet up when you get here & i "can" get the beers in.???????? i think it should be the other way round mate.??? Only kidding my friend.

this coming sunday its got to be 25C in melbourne, so i shall be having my own 1st barbie of the year, maybe the odd prawn, or some squid, or just some sausages.??????????????????
Either way it always smells fantastic, last Saturday my mate gave me a lift to replace the gutters at my place & the sun was out so at lunch time the wife made a brew and we sat in the garden with a Pork Pie each & a brew.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

The_Pom_From_AUS....MMMM, soumds great to me, when I was in Aus I was the BBQ master, I absolutely love em so much...as for the retake, I think I will only have to take again what I failed on, going to send them a reply to the last vetassess e-mail they sent me, fingers x mate.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

moriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to all

Don't you still have to do the vetassess if your sponsored though. On mine i'm sure on of the guys had a job lined up and was sponsored?
Old Sep 9th 2008, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Hi Dazza dont give up, my OH did his Vetassess in April and if you need any help he really wont mind you giving him a call and he can tell you what he did, I know its money but once you have the Vetassess, thats it (well until you get to oz anyway). Give it another go and pm my OH if you need to go over stuff. Very best of luck.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 9:12 am
Just Joined

Shar07,

Thanks very much, well appreciated, I have gone back to vetassess and asked for a more detailed description on what I failed on, some of them are straight forward, I cannot beleive that they failed me on not being confident, good grief what the hell do they expect with being nervous, now that i'm not happy with, one of the other failure was being too slow, I finished all tasks at 15:45pm and was told at 15:30pm that college was to close at 16:00pm, on the vetassess form I was on the understanding that it started at 07:30am and finished at 18:30pm, so to be told the above is a bit of a poor show from vetassess so I have put in a major complaint, not that it'll get me anywhere.

And we also started half hour late.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

dobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to all

dazza, dont get too stressed about it i know its alot of money but, they aint gonna change it much between now and october. just practice on what swallowed up your time last time out.
if its pvc conduit (it was for me, havent used it since college) get down to cef and buy yourself some. if it was the tech demos, practice installation testing.
its so easy for people to say "be confident" but with so much riding on this we all get tetchy.
just remember why youre doing it, stay calm and remember that everybody on this site is here to help.
even if you think your questions sound stupid and you feel a bit embarrassed, private message someone (me if you like). i'm sure theyll do their best to help.

a better life awiats
Old Sep 12th 2008, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

dobaman.......Thanks mate, am just waiting for vetassess to get back to me, wish I was getting on the plane next week.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

dobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to all

no probs dazza, just keep chippin away
Old Sep 16th 2008, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

dobaman.....thank's mate, will do.
If anyone is thinking of using AMBLER COLLINS Migration Beareau, I wouldn't bother now they have their money from me, they have dropped me like a sack of s*it.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Easter is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: *OUTRAGEOUS* - VETASSESS PRACTICAL JULY ARGHHHHHH

Hello Janna & Nick. I am a newcomer to the site but your piece did catch my eye,i did the exam in london in april (and failed) re sitting it in blackburn on October 28th,is that were your O/H is going, i was absolutely gutted as i thought i would do ok,i dont work with motors as i am a domestic sparkie and dont come across em in someones kitchen that often,i did av trouble with it and new i had fluffed that bit but thought all the rest had gone fine......dohhhh.they are so pickie and although every one says they are nice guys (which they are ) and do there best to put you at ease i think it is far too strickt.i was in oz last april and had a job offer in Adelaide but we dont want to go there but was gratefull for the advice i got of phil,thats the guy with the buissiness in Adelaide,he even took me out in the evening and shown me the sites and told me that oz sparkies are not as switched on as the british lads so that either makes me an exception or just plain dum,but to get back to the original subject of Vettassess is that they have standards way to high even for the electrical sector,i wouldnt expect it to be laps but some off the more basic things they pick up on like,the assessor said to me that all my terminations were excellent but i got a failure for practising OHS,i had safety glasses,My boots on and Electricians hard wearing trousers,and even had a pear of electricians gloves but didnt use em but made sure they were there on show,some other lads were wearing trainers...i dont understand the guidlines there following,hope all goes well for you 2 and good luck in Oct...
Old Oct 6th 2008, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Easter;
may i ask where in Blackburn are you resitting the exam, also who is the instructor if i may ask.

arthur

ex blackburn
Old Oct 6th 2008, 6:08 am
Just Joined

Easter is an unknown quantity at this point

Morning Arthur

Not sure exactly of the top of mi ed,will check later and get back to you,will be on about 8.30 tonite mate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.