Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Younger Expat club?

Younger Expat club?

Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Bouncing between Manama Bahrain and Kissonerga, Paphos
ArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really nice
Default Younger Expat club?

Hi, We've been in Cyprus for about 6 months and we're loving it but it's taking time to meet people closer to our age. I'm 38 and my fiancees 43. We've joined a couple of clubs and people have been very kind and generally, very old. No offence to the older generation but we'd like to make some friends our own age. Is there a club or anything aimed at working aged people?

Himself works abroad and is away a couple of months at a time so if anyone else is in the same boat maybe be could start something up?

Thanks.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

ArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really nice
Default Re: Younger Expat club?

Originally Posted by ArranLass
Hi, We've been in Cyprus for about 6 months and we're loving it but it's taking time to meet people closer to our age. I'm 38 and my fiancees 43. We've joined a couple of clubs and people have been very kind and generally, very old. No offence to the older generation but we'd like to make some friends our own age. Is there a club or anything aimed at working aged people?

Himself works abroad and is away a couple of months at a time so if anyone else is in the same boat maybe be could start something up?

Thanks.
Had an idea... how about a rubbish book club? Meet in Costas and swap book or something? I could do with a decent read Anyone up for half an hour coffee break?
Old Jan 30th 2009, 12:06 am
Just Joined

larra is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks.
Hi Arranlass,

Maybe you should have checked area out before you went as in age groups. Not a lot of ppl your age can afford to live in cyprus etc, and a lot of cyprus is retired pps. I dont doubt there are younger ppl in the area but in all the time Ive been in cyprus it is an older generation living there. Perhaps you should move to Larnaca or Protaras, even Limassol which is a big town like Glasgow or Edinburgh and maybe it would be easier to meet ppl. I love Paphos and dont care about ages, I only care about the ppl I meet. Anyway I hope you find friends and happiness thats wot its all about.

Good Luck,

Larra
Old Jan 30th 2009, 5:46 am
Just Joined

rikandmegan is an unknown quantity at this point

I lived in Paphos for a year back in 88 and we are looking to retire there at age 55 in 2010 or at least spend about nine months of the year there. Even 20 years ago, most of the brits I met were older. Back then there were a lot who had spent years living in Africa and my word, what a bunch of ex colonials they were lol, sitting all day sipping brandy sours or whisky and soda.

Most of these will have gone up to the big safari in the sky by now but the wife and I are a little concerned about the age groups out there. We are both Nurses and working with younger people has kept us young I think, certainly don't feel mid fifties.

Would we qualify for a younger expat club?

PS I will admit to enjoying a game of Tavli
Old Feb 1st 2009, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Younger Expat club?

We love the area we are in and have made friends of different ages, just be nice to have a few more friends who like going out and having fun We origionally lived between Larnaca and Limassol. We did our research befe we moved down to Paphos. My company moved me to Cyprus. I'd never been here before but I can tell you it sure beats Zurich, which is whee I was based before here. So it wasnt a case of choice. I was suposed to be going to Kuala Lumpur but my fiancee got a blood clot and couldn't fly and I wasn't going that far away while he was ill so I asked for somewhere closer to home and Cyprus was the best option for us with only a week to choose.

Of course you can join! We will need to get a few more members then have a meeting somewhere Anyone else want to join?
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of

We love the area we are in and have made friends of different ages, just be nice to have a few more friends who like going out and having fun We origionally lived between Larnaca and Limassol. We did our research befe we moved down to Paphos. My company moved me to Cyprus. I'd never been here before but I can tell you it sure beats Zurich, which is whee I was based before here. So it wasnt a case of choice. I was suposed to be going to Kuala Lumpur but my fiancee got a blood clot and couldn't fly and I wasn't going that far away while he was ill so I asked for somewhere closer to home and Cyprus was the best option for us with only a week to choose.

Of course you can join! We will need to get a few more members then have a meeting somewhere Anyone else want to join?
Count me in!!!!
Old Feb 5th 2009, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

macca01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Arranlass

me and OH are 41 and 40. We will be starting our journey in about 8 weeks, we should be in Cyprus about June time as doing a bit of travelling first.
We both love a good laugh and a drink. We to will be arriving not knowing anyone, we are the sort of people that make freinds fast.

Feel free to PM me at any time. Looks like it might be a party with yourselves us and Timmyboy

Michaela and John
Old Feb 5th 2009, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by macca01
Hi Arranlass

me and OH are 41 and 40. We will be starting our journey in about 8 weeks, we should be in Cyprus about June time as doing a bit of travelling first.
We both love a good laugh and a drink. We to will be arriving not knowing anyone, we are the sort of people that make freinds fast.

Feel free to PM me at any time. Looks like it might be a party with yourselves us and Timmyboy

Michaela and John

Woop Woop Woop!!!! Hoorraayy!! Hurry!!!
Old Feb 5th 2009, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

macca01 is an unknown quantity at this point

dont worry Tim it wont be long, when you get there keep the drinks on ice for us

Michaela and john
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

dont worry Tim it wont be long, when you get there keep the drinks on ice for us

Michaela and john
I`ll do that .. Have a safe trip! i`ll let you know how it goes my end, 3 weeks saturday!! Happy Days indeed...

xx
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

Mark-n-Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Arranlass

Michaela and John
Sounds like the makings of a great party. Although we have settled in Larnaca I reckon it would be worth a trip to Paphos to join you all. Count us in too.

Mark and Steph
Old Feb 20th 2009, 3:26 am
Just Joined

KBeast is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks.
Hi Arranlass and all others here, Me and my partner live in Paphos, I've been here just over 4 years and Steve has been here for about 16 years and speaks fluent greek like a local, he was educated here.
Let us know when you start your book/drinking club, we're always up for a laugh. Post a date and location and we'll see you there.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Ams207 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

I am a 39 year old single female living in Anarita and working in Paphos town. I would love to meet some people around my own age, so if you do arrange a get-to-gether count me in. I work full time so it would ideally be after work or else during lunch break (my break hours are flexible).

Ams
Old Feb 27th 2009, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

cassie70 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

You are all making me so jealous i cant wait to come back i miss Cyprus so much hope i get to meet all you guys.

Have fun.

Rgds

Cassie
Old May 16th 2009, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

tiggertj is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks.
Hi... Is your group up and going? Basically I'm flying out to Paphos on the 26th July and staying with friends who live there, but I'd like to make some of my own friends before settling and making a permanent move. I'll be in Paphos for about 3 months, so it would be great having a few other female friends of my age, I'm also 38. I'll also be looking for a job of some volunteering work.....
Tracey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.