Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Selling a house in Cyprus

Selling a house in Cyprus

Old Aug 24th 2015, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough
Default Selling a house in Cyprus

Hi,

Wondering if any of you good folk could perhaps share some advice. I inherited a property in Cyprus which I am hoping to sell. I live in the UK and have no intentions of moving to Cyprus, and I can't say that the cost of keeping it makes any sense as I rarely holiday there either. However, it was put on the market some time ago locally with absolutely zero interest although the local estate agents did say we essentially needed cash buyers at the time. Has the situation improved much? i.e how difficult is it to get a mortgage, etc? The house is part of a 10 unit development outside a small village in the mounts just north of Paphos, so fairly isolated and not too hot in the summers. All the properties in the development are owned by Brits, as far as I know.

I've tried estate agents in the UK, however I have struggled to find anyone dealing with property in Cyprus as they mostly seem to deal with France, Spain, Portugal and Italy generally. Did the economic meltdown scare people off from moving there in recent years? My assumption is the buyers would probably be a retired couple, or someone planning to retire to Cyprus.

If anyone can suggest a local estate agent, I'd be happy to give them a go.
Old Aug 26th 2015, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Selling a house in Cyprus

Is there perhaps someone out there able to point me in the direction of a more frequented forum as this post has had over 60 views and seemingly only a spam response.

Any help much appreciated.