Reload this Page >

Renting older properties

Renting older properties

Old Apr 22nd 2013, 11:52 am
Just Joined

Finny33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Renting older properties

Hello.

I went all over Cyprus last Oct/Nov and Jan just gone, looking for an older-style furnished property to rent long-term or, at least, something more rural and away from the touristy areas. I don't need to be in the middle of nowhere, especially as I'm hoping not to need a car, but I would like somewhere quieter, more scenic (i.e. less housing or apartment blocks) and yet not TOO far from amenities and the coast.
I found nothing with any of the main, larger agencies in Larnaca (or from the few agencies I looked at in Paphos), because they mainly seem to deal with apartments in blocks, or terraced maisonettes. I did eventually find a bungalow on a hill outside Larnaca through a smaller agency but that fell through at the final moment. Apart from that, nothing.
Am I looking for something that doesn't really exist? Does anyone know of any agencies that might have the sort of thing I'm looking for, or know anyone who's trying to rent out something similar?
I would prefer the Paphos region or that side of the island generally, and don't really want to spend much more than about 300 euros. Pipe dream?
Old Apr 24th 2013, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

susiecy is just really nicesusiecy is just really nicesusiecy is just really nicesusiecy is just really nicesusiecy is just really nicesusiecy is just really nicesusiecy is just really nicesusiecy is just really nice
Default Re: Renting older properties

i dont think you are being unreasonable ... ive just done a quick search and found a nice (not old) property in Trimithousa village for 300 euros - send an email to the Polis/Paphos agents - im sure they will be able to help you - some of the older properties have more land & character.

hope this helps.

http://cyprus.angloinfo.com/af/467/c...st-cyprus.html
Old Apr 24th 2013, 11:57 am
Just Joined

Finny33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info and the link. I will have to start sending out some emails, as you suggest, but having done a bit of a search too, there are a few interesting properties out there. Thanks again!
Old May 6th 2013, 5:09 pm
Banned

Worldlywanderer is an unknown quantity at this point

We are just about to leave Ireland to sepnd a year in Cyprus and have allowed ourselves a month to find what you failed to find, should we be looking at Spain?
Old May 6th 2013, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

zygiman will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Worldlywanderer
We are just about to leave Ireland to sepnd a year in Cyprus and have allowed ourselves a month to find what you failed to find, should we be looking at Spain?
Rental prices are falling in Cyprus, and you will have plenty of choices. The government has just introduced a 2 year rental increase freeze too. So, the cards are in your favour.