Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Private schools in northern Cyprus

Private schools in northern Cyprus

Old May 26th 2011, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

delal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Private schools in northern Cyprus

Does anyone have any info on/direct experience of private schools in northern Cyprus? Positive? Negative?
Do they follow an internationally recognised curriculum, such as IB?
Is there a boarding school by any chance?
Failing that, how about southern Cyprus?
Thanks in advance for any info/pointers in the right direction
Old Jun 6th 2011, 11:17 am
Just Joined

fitnesschick is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Private schools in northern Cyprus

Hi

I have recently reurned from Cyprus, I viewed both BA in Alsancak and GAU school in Karoglanoglou.

They both look like lovely schools. The GAU is larger and uses the University fascilities. Also there is ESK school.

I walked around both, but also realise that the BA is smaller, therefore options for the older pu[ils is lower.

I have also viewed Amaerican Academy in Larnaca and Paphos and The Heritage school in Limassol. I am returning soon to view Pascal English School in Larnaca, which I have heard good reports about.

The school fees in South are much higher than the North.

Hope this helps a little, are you moving there soon? Can I ask how old your kid/kids are? I am moving by next year hopefully and my son is in year 5 at the moment.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:54 am
Just Joined

delal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Private schools in northern Cyprus

Thanks for replying
In fact, it's not for me but a friend who lives in Turkey who's moving onto high school this year
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why the Logos school in Limassol emphasises being a "Christian" school? They even quote the Old Testament on their website. Is it heavily Catholic? Protestant? Missionary? Just seems a bit strange that in what I imagine to be predominantly Orthodox Greek Cyprus they use religion as a selling point. (Or maybe that's aimed at attracting families based in the Muslim north of the island...)