North Cyprus

Old Feb 5th 2014, 10:38 am
Just Joined

Mint1955 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default North Cyprus

Looking for other would be or already ex pats for North Cyprus.
We already own there and have visited in all seasons. Thinking of spending our next phase there permanent.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Cleo-Shahateet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: North Cyprus

Never been to the north but I wish you luck.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:09 am
Just Joined

loopylou1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we are also looking at moving to north Cyprus this year. Hopefully around september. Whereabouts is your property? Where do you live now? Sandra
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:22 am
Just Joined

Our place is near Tatlisu and we are in Kent. We know north Cyprus quite well and have spent time just living rather than being on holiday.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:31 am
Just Joined

Hi, we're in Kent too!!! We live in Bexleyheath. We are hoping to rent a friends villa in iskele, but if that doesn't work out we'll look around kyrenia as we have a 12 year old son and the international schools all seem to be around that area. Do you have kids moving with you? Sandra
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:52 am
Just Joined

Wow how funny not far from us in Kent. We won't have kids as we are early retireing. There are many places for rentals so you won't have a problem. Work is a big problem though if you need it.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:59 am
Just Joined

No, we're hoping to early retire too!!! We are hoping to get over in April / may time to have a look at the schools. Can't wait for those balmy evenings sitting in bogaz harbour with a nice glass of wine! !! What area of Kent are you in? Sandra
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:08 am
Just Joined

Medway! I go over again May for 6-8 weeks. Went to Bogaz in January and although very quiet it looked like it would be a lovely place to meet people for a drink. We don't tend to go into Girne that much as there is always plenty to do around Tatlisu, kucuk Erenkoy and Esentepe. As you know life is simpler there and in the heat one job a day is enough to have you reaching for the sunbed lol
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

We love the sound of Northern Cyprus. Living in Perth, Australia at the moment but find the costs very high.
We have considered a number of places but N Cyprus sounds a worthy candidate. Malta is second.
Hopefully we can get a platform on this thread going on all to do with Northern Cyprus, warts and all.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:27 am
Just Joined

Hi Troubadour, warts and all is North Cyprus it has it's problems and pitfalls. But it's beautiful and the local people are lovely?

In essence rent don't buy when you first go. Winter can be uncomfortable as the houses are built for heat in summer so in the winter there are times it's damp and cold indoors unless you plan well. Log burners etc are available and as I say planning for it means it's just a bit different.
Work is difficult to get and generally very poorly paid unless you start your own business but then you need a Turkish Cypriot partner and a large bond deposit. Upside is the cost of living although rising is still low, the weather is good all year apart from the rains in Feb/march but it's not all the time or everyday. It's still lovely to go out for walks etc. shopping and eating is basic but improving.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:30 am
Just Joined

Remember North Cyprus is not EU it is run by Turkey and still uses the Turkish Lira. The laws and beurocracy are a minefield and you can only stay in North Cyprus for 90 days unless you apply for residency which has its whole own set of rules and hoop jumping lol nothing is impossible and I can't wait to be a permanent part of it all.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:57 am
Just Joined

Part of the pull for us is that it's not part of the EU!!! Personally, I have been to lots of European countries but I can honestly say that this is where I felt most at home! !! The local people are lovely, the Mediterranean is on your doorstep no matter where you live and the cost of living is still much cheaper certainly than in England. Can't wait to start our new life there. Sandra
Old Feb 10th 2014, 8:01 am
Just Joined

Sandra that's exactly the way we think. We love it I just wouldn't want anyone to be under any false impressions. We have been going over for 5 years now and always can't wait to be back. The spreadsheet has been prepared and the countdown clocks are on for being there full time. Just a few loose ends here stop it being today lol
Old Feb 10th 2014, 8:06 am
Just Joined

Hi Mint (don't know if that's your name), I wish we could be there tomorrow too!!! We want our son to finish this year's schooling hence september, but we'll certainly be there as soon as we can! !! Excited lol. Sandra
Old Feb 10th 2014, 8:19 am
Just Joined

How does the 12 year old feel about it as it's a very different world than uk at that age! With North Cyprus being so small we have probably passed each other somewhere. How many times have you been.
Sheila ;-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.