Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Need advice & Info.. Please :)

Need advice & Info.. Please :)

Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

jenjenmullin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need advice & Info.. Please :)

Hi everyone.. My husband and i are in the early stages of planning a move to Cyprus.
We have decided we would like to Live in Paralimni area.

We would like any info you have about moving... all the practicalities, the do's and dont's the ups and downs..

I am 27, he is 34 we have been married for Ten years and we have 2 children, one is 4 the other 7 (both girls)

My husband is currently searching for work, He has many skills, but is best at Security and has done it all from patrolling/Guarding to Management, he has also been in the forces (although we were never posted to Cyprus... )
He was wondering about getting a Job maybe in the MPGS (Standing on guard @ the gate) but the websites we have found are old/outdated.

I am level 3 qualified in childcare, and am thinking about finding work in a british nursery or maybe childminding.

We would place our children in state school and are actively seeking Greek Lessons for them at the moment so they know a little of the lanaguage before we leave, although i have read that children on the whole do get on ok @ state schools and will soon pick up the language..

we would be looking to Rent in the Paralimni area. I have read that the norm is for one months rent and one months rent as a deposit, is this right??
What kind of fee's do agency's charge for finding rentals in the area?

I look forward to hearing from you all soon