Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Moving to cyprus with current conviction

Moving to cyprus with current conviction

Old Oct 8th 2010, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

rachkeel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to cyprus with current conviction

pls help we want to relote to cyprus from the uk but my husband is currently on a 2 yr suspended sentence and 8 month supervision order for 1 case of abh and 3 cases of comman assault. We have tried togain info on if he will be granted residency into the country but have got no where. Can someone please advise me on what to do. Will the uk probation service help us with this and willcyprus do checks on convictions etc. We are stuck with what to do to gain help as no one seems to want to advise us?

Thanks
Old Oct 8th 2010, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Moving to cyprus with current conviction

Originally Posted by rachkeel
pls help we want to relote to cyprus from the uk but my husband is currently on a 2 yr suspended sentence and 8 month supervision order for 1 case of abh and 3 cases of comman assault. We have tried togain info on if he will be granted residency into the country but have got no where. Can someone please advise me on what to do. Will the uk probation service help us with this and willcyprus do checks on convictions etc. We are stuck with what to do to gain help as no one seems to want to advise us?

Thanks
Probably best to contact the probation service, they will be able to advise if he's allowed to leave the country.

An EU resident should be able to live anywhere in the EU, but not sure how it works if there are convictions.

Sorry I'm not able to help anymore.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to cyprus with current conviction

Do we really want thugs to move here?