Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Moving to Cyprus

Moving to Cyprus

Old Nov 18th 2017, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

JMjules is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Cyprus

Hi all, My partner & I are seriously considering moving to Cyprus next year and will be coming over for a few days in March. We want to bring our cats when we move so any advise as to making their move easier would be appreciated.
Is it possible to buy property before we have been issued with our ' yellow cards' and is there any reason why a Yellow Card could be refused?
If you work, did your struggle to find employment?
when we come in March we would like to be able to meet some Expats that have already made the move from the UK to Cyprus as we have loads of questions. Where is a good & friendly place to be able to meet people who have already made the move?
Thank in advance for any advice you can share

Last edited by JMjules; Nov 18th 2017 at 7:27 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2017, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Johnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Moving to Cyprus

Originally Posted by JMjules
Hi all, My partner & I are seriously considering moving to Cyprus next year and will be coming over for a few days in March. We want to bring our cats when we move so any advise as to making their move easier would be appreciated.
Is it possible to buy property before we have been issued with our ' yellow cards' and is there any reason why a Yellow Card could be refused?
when we come in March we would like to be able to meet some Expats that have already made the move from the UK to Cyprus as we have loads of questions. Where is a good & friendly place to be able to meet people who have already made the move?
Although you may be aware of this, just make sure you get the right legal advice before buying property. There is a whole host of issues going on in Cyprus. It is probably best to rent at first.

Another stab at resolving the Title Deeds mess - Cyprus Property News

By their own admission, there are 70,000 'trapped buyers'. This is not an insignificant number.

Last edited by Johnboyuk; Dec 16th 2017 at 6:29 pm.
Old Apr 11th 2018, 7:45 am
Just Joined

AbbyB91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JMjules
Hi, me and my sister recently made the move over here to cyprus and it's been amazing! Me and my sister both managed to find employment within 2 months of moving, both in areas we were already working in back home, in Reading. We have struggled to find other UK expats however there are many facebook pages for people in the same position and we have joined them and managed to make a few friends along the way!
Old Apr 11th 2018, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

cymart is an unknown quantity at this point

This is probably because not many ex-pats go to live in Nicosia?Most choose Paphos,Limassol and Larnaca areas near the coast.