Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Moving to Cyprus 2014

Moving to Cyprus 2014

Old Feb 18th 2013, 9:06 am
Just Joined

mctavish2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Cyprus 2014

HI all new to this forum , but have read some great comments and wonderful advice taking on board. We live in Scotland and are ready to give up the rat race hear and move to warmer climates. My partner is retired and has 2 pensions which we hope is going to be enough to live on. I am not retired and would like to do some work with animals, but also get a little income from dog grooming, we have 2 dogs of our own , my question is , would there be a need for a dog groomer in Cyprus. ? We plan to rent around the Paphos area . Any comment on electricity prices , tv , would also be helpful thanks Kathryn
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 7:34 am
Just Joined

jessyt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Cyprus 2014

Welcome to Cyprus.

I have a lot of experience with dog groomers in Limassol area.
They are all some cold bloody bastards. Almomst none are pet owners or lovers. And if you happen to have a more energetic dog, then they use force on him, cut his skin with the razor, etc.

So if you are good and you REALLY love your job, you will do fine.

Jessy
Old May 6th 2013, 10:57 am
Just Joined

Hi Jessy
thanks for your reply , I love my job here in Scotland and only take 2 dogs a day in grooming as a stressed dog and groomer are not a good combination I am self employed here and your reply has given me lots of encouragement and paws for thought for moving to Cyprus next year.
Kath:
Old May 6th 2013, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

zygiman will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mctavish2009
HI all new to this forum , but have read some great comments and wonderful advice taking on board. We live in Scotland and are ready to give up the rat race hear and move to warmer climates. My partner is retired and has 2 pensions which we hope is going to be enough to live on. I am not retired and would like to do some work with animals, but also get a little income from dog grooming, we have 2 dogs of our own , my question is , would there be a need for a dog groomer in Cyprus. ? We plan to rent around the Paphos area . Any comment on electricity prices , tv , would also be helpful thanks Kathryn
Hi Kathryn, Cyprus has many good points and also many minus points, just like any other country.

Cyprus is going through a tough time at the moment. Luxuries such as Newspaper Subscriptions, Gyms, and your trade Dog Grooming, are suffering. If you have enough money to survive here without working, then my advice would be to make the move. If you have to work here to survive, seriously re consider.
Old May 8th 2013, 7:54 am
Just Joined

Hi thanks for your reply all advice taken on board , we don't need to work but I would prefer to do something to prevent boredom, although we would like to do some work with the dog shelters but grooming would bring in some extra cash of course kathryn
Old May 9th 2013, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

daisyman1951 will become famous soon enough

Hi I am looking for a place in the sun to retire to and I have been asking questions about Spain & Portugal especially about living costs. Still trying work out if I can live on say €500 per month after buying a house & car. So if you get any costs I would be grateful if you could pass them on. Thanks Colin
Old May 15th 2013, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Hi does anyone know is it easy to get grooming scissors/clipper blades sharpened in Cyprus or do we send them to uk. Kath
Old Jul 4th 2013, 7:41 am
Just Joined

smydo64 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again can any expats 65 or over give me an idea of what my wife and I would need to live on without house costs. We are 65 2014 and are trying to find out as much as possible about moving to Cyprus.