move to Cyprus

Old Aug 5th 2014, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

xxtink24xx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default move to Cyprus

Hi all

just new to the forum

so we have always wanted to get out og the UK, we live in the west of Scotland and I more than my husband just hate it here and it seems to be getting worse

We have 2 daughters aged 4 and 9 so we obvioulsly need to think about school for them

My husband is a self employed landscaper but bricklayer to trade, not sure how easy it wold be to get that sort of work out there in Cyprus

I am a receptionist in a health club but willing to take on any work to get money in

we have a bought house here so we would rent that out and that would cover the mortage and a little more here

we have always wanted a holiday home abrao but im now at the point I want to give living abroad ago and we just feel in live with Cyprus we were in Protaras

So just looking on tips and advice xx
Old Jul 7th 2015, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

jfn25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: move to Cyprus

Hi

I would be very interested to hear if you made the move to cyprus and if so any advice or observations would be welcome we are planning a long visit next year to see if it suits our family

I would be keen to hear how your husband has managed with work I am also in the building industry.
Old Jul 12th 2015, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

themajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond repute

My advice. Come over for anextended holiday to get first hand information. Best time after August and not over the Christmas / new year period.
People have done what you are intending and are still here and happy. So it is doable.

Good luck.
Old Jul 19th 2015, 11:02 am
Just Joined

jmcvey533 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi just reading your post did you move ??? how is it going ??? myself and wife are looking to move to Cyprus very soon from northern Ireland but I am originally from ardrossan Ayrshire. my wife is a highly qualified nursery school teacher and I can do about anything so if you made the move and all went well give us a reply and any helpful tips would be most helpful jim and Marcia
Old Jul 25th 2015, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

Shels is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. New to Forum. Can anyone give me the pros and cons of living in the village of Tala please? Thinking of buying and moving there on a semi permanent basis in 2016? Currently own apartment in Kato Paphos so have been holidaying in Paphos for many years but now looking to retire and would prefer a village location. Interested in all views. Thank you
Old Jul 25th 2015, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

themajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond repute

I personaly like tala a lot. Good atmosphere and good eateries. Not far from Paphos.
However you have to be selective of the area that you live in. We live in Chloraka and love it here.

Good luck.
Old Jul 25th 2015, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

Shels is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your comments. Do I read between the lines that there are areas in Tala which are not as good as others? Have heard that a lot of breakins have been happening in recent years?
Old Jul 26th 2015, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Shels
Thank you for your comments. Do I read between the lines that there are areas in Tala which are not as good as others? Have heard that a lot of breakins have been happening in recent years?
Well spotted.