Reload this Page >

Working from home in Cyprus

Working from home in Cyprus

Old Apr 21st 2017, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

Sarah1404 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working from home in Cyprus

Hello everyone

I am new to this forum and I am looking for some advice if anyone can help! So I've decided that as I work from home in the UK for a company and my rent agreement is coming to an end that I would look in to moving to Cyprus. I have worked here before in Paphos and also Ayia Napa area but I was a holiday rep so didn't have to deal with any of this confusing stuff. I have spoken to my manager from the company I work for and he has advised that I can move to work anywhere in Europe for the company and work from home.
So I am currently looking into accommodation in different areas but where do I stand with everything else? Do I need to declare that I am in the country and working? Do I need to pay toward the social? Do I need to get a yellow slip? I've kind of become a bit stuck as their seems to be so much information. This will be a long term things so I would im sure at some point need access to a hospital or a doctor out there. Any advice would be welcome! Thanks Sarah
Old May 6th 2017, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working from home in Cyprus

Originally Posted by Sarah1404
Hello everyone

I am new to this forum and I am looking for some advice if anyone can help! So I've decided that as I work from home in the UK for a company and my rent agreement is coming to an end that I would look in to moving to Cyprus. I have worked here before in Paphos and also Ayia Napa area but I was a holiday rep so didn't have to deal with any of this confusing stuff. I have spoken to my manager from the company I work for and he has advised that I can move to work anywhere in Europe for the company and work from home.
So I am currently looking into accommodation in different areas but where do I stand with everything else? Do I need to declare that I am in the country and working? Do I need to pay toward the social? Do I need to get a yellow slip? I've kind of become a bit stuck as their seems to be so much information. This will be a long term things so I would im sure at some point need access to a hospital or a doctor out there. Any advice would be welcome! Thanks Sarah
Yes you must register within 90 days and apply for a yellow slip.
Yes you must register for social. This will entitle you to government health care and also to a Cyprus pension.
The amount of pension depends on the length of time you pay in.