Reload this Page >

Irish Spouse - Moving to Cyprus and Brexit

Irish Spouse - Moving to Cyprus and Brexit

Old Feb 26th 2018, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

brunlea99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Irish Spouse - Moving to Cyprus and Brexit

Hello,

My wife and I have been considering moving to Cyprus for some time now and we are a little concerned about Brexit and it's possible/probable implications. However, my wife is Irish and her only passport is an Irish one. Although she has lived in UK for over 30 years now, am I correct in assuming that if we moved to Cyprus, any Brexit implications may not apply to us, as she would be treated as an Irish citizen (with me as her spouse) ?

Thanks.
Old Feb 26th 2018, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Irish Spouse - Moving to Cyprus and Brexit

I should add that we will both be retired if we move so we would not need employment.
Old Feb 26th 2018, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brunlea99
Hello,

My wife and I have been considering moving to Cyprus for some time now and we are a little concerned about Brexit and it's possible/probable implications. However, my wife is Irish and her only passport is an Irish one. Although she has lived in UK for over 30 years now, am I correct in assuming that if we moved to Cyprus, any Brexit implications may not apply to us, as she would be treated as an Irish citizen (with me as her spouse) ?

Thanks.
Republic of Ireland is in the EU, so no problem. But what about yourself?
Old Feb 26th 2018, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

I am British.
Old Feb 26th 2018, 4:22 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brunlea99
I am British.
Providing you and your wife remain married and the RoI remains in the EU your nationality is irrelevant when it comes to freedom of movement rights.
Old Feb 26th 2018, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

Thank you.
Old Mar 19th 2018, 11:32 am
SGT
Just Joined

SGT is an unknown quantity at this point

I am Irish citizen here. NO PROBLEMS. Free movement and work if you so choose on Irish Passport
Old Mar 19th 2018, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

Thank you.