Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

information needed for future

information needed for future

Old Oct 4th 2010, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

robbie55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile information needed for future

i,m planning a move to cyprus with my partner in the future been looking at long term rental but would like to rent where its warm all year round so would need help on that and if there will be plenty of expats around that area also apart from rent what else is to pay out and how much does it cost, what do you pay for phone line and internet connection is there any good deals on sim cards also phone lines is there any where you get a free hour to the uk also is there many expats there willing to give us newbies to cyprus cleaning jobs would like to set up a little cleaning buisness if anyone could help that would be great as i,m just starting my plan towards moving to cyprus.

thanks in advance.

robert.
Old Oct 6th 2010, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: information needed for future

Originally Posted by robbie55
i,m planning a move to cyprus with my partner in the future been looking at long term rental but would like to rent where its warm all year round so would need help on that and if there will be plenty of expats around that area also apart from rent what else is to pay out and how much does it cost, what do you pay for phone line and internet connection is there any good deals on sim cards also phone lines is there any where you get a free hour to the uk also is there many expats there willing to give us newbies to cyprus cleaning jobs would like to set up a little cleaning buisness if anyone could help that would be great as i,m just starting my plan towards moving to cyprus.

thanks in advance.

robert.
Robert,

Lots of questions, not enough full stops!! lol

Rent - depends on what you want really. You'll pay anything between 400 and 1000 euro. Its probably best to have a look at what there is on one of the many rental websites to get an idea.

Ex Pats - I can only speak for the Larnaca area. There are lots of little Brit communities. Orkolini is probably the most popular.

Other expenses - Lecky, about 250 euro every two months, water, about 60 euro every two months, council tax, about 200 euro a year (depending on where you live). This is based on a 3 bed house in Pyla with a pool.

Telephone and Interenet - not sure, I don't have a land line so can't say, I think its around 70 euros for line rental and internet connection. Mobile phones are cheap, I usually go through 5 euro a week, that's with making calls to the UK.

Cleaning business - maybe rethink that one. There are lots of cleaning businesses here, the market is pretty swamped.

hope that helps!
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: information needed for future

As Honest-H says there are loads of expats doing cleaning/property management so the competition is fierce. However many of these people are working for cash and not declaring their earnings and the government are starting to crack down on this. I have heard of people who were working illegally in this way ending up in prison recently. So if you do go down this road make sure you are legal, pay your taxes and social insurance or you could end up in trouble.

Regards
Veronica