Help me find an address in Peyia, Pathos

Help me find an address in Peyia, Pathos

Old Aug 22nd 2011, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

remsbecca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help me find an address in Peyia, Pathos

Originally Posted by kadafi
Hi Susie

I hope this helps, if you have anymore questions don't hesitate to ask.

The villa's don't really have an address as they are on the edge of Peyia village and have man made roads.

This is correct, once we had met with our transfer i rang Vangelis and he guided the driver to the villa. Was easy for me to pass the phone to him.

I was also searching for many months and came up with a blank.

The villa's were nice just finished to a poor standard, like they had to rush to get it finished for the holiday season. The villa's in peyia are on 2 roads both are steep hills, 1 going up and 1 going down.
The only thing i would say to expect is not to have the villa you booked. We booked "Celine" we got "Ares", also a group from London arrived in the villa next to ours half way through the week and they had a different villa to what was advertised also.

Click here for google map
A = Villa Celine
B = Villa Ares, Zeus & several others

Oh i hope he doesnt put me in a different villa then advertised i have booked celine....Do the villas next to it overlook it alot?
Old Aug 24th 2011, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

I have lived here for 7 years. love the place and love the people. However I would not do business with a Cypriot without making absolutely sure that I was well covered with air tight contracts and I would never rent from one.

We refuse now to take houses on our books that belong to Cypriots because they will always try to cut us out of the picture, for the same reason we won't take on Cypriots as clients without safeguarding ourselves.

Don't get me wrong, they are nice people and would never steal from you in normal everyday life, in fact they are very generous in many ways, but beware doing business with them.

Last edited by Veronica-K; Aug 24th 2011 at 7:26 pm. Reason: typo
Old Sep 4th 2011, 10:06 am
Just Joined

susieb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Veronica-K
I have lived here for 7 years. love the place and love the people. However I would not do business with a Cypriot without making absolutely sure that I was well covered with air tight contracts and I would never rent from one.

We refuse now to take houses on our books that belong to Cypriots because they will always try to cut us out of the picture, for the same reason we won't take on Cypriots as clients without safeguarding ourselves.

Don't get me wrong, they are nice people and would never steal from you in normal everyday life, in fact they are very generous in many ways, but beware doing business with them.
Hi every one. Well I,m back after spending to very hot sunny weeks in Cyprus. I am glad to report that VK Tours and Vengelis are legit, but we did have a few problems.Firstly your aware we booked " villa Celine"( 7 bed), and we were put in " villa Zeus" (5 bed) for 13 people, for the first five days,as he had over booked.Many teething problems,we had 3 beds in the front room, which was L shaped with the kitchen,so provided a problem when people wanted to go to bed, when others didnt, using the kitchen at night for drinks, or breakfast ,disturbing those that were in bed at the time,over crowding in the bathrooms, lack of privacy ect.There was also no wardrobes,in the bedrooms, 3 did have a small shelved cuboard,and the other two had only 2 small draws in the bedside table.Looked like a charity jumble sale,had shirts dresses ect. hung up on doors, stairs ect.The kitchen was also a HUGE problen, 2 small pans, 1st=one half inches wide 2 inches tall,would hold 1 egg for boiling if it was big enough to sit on gas ring.2nd pan, 2 inches wide=2 boiled eggs, and a casserole dish. Only 2 slot toaster.(cereal and sandwiches most meals)Pool side was ok, had to ask for a few extra sunbeds,but didnt cause a huge problem, was so hot couldnt lie in it for long anyway, no umberellas(jacquzi,did not work)oh, and we had no net for cleaning the pool,full of flies every morning,as it is lit up over night(used a cullander) When we moved to celine,packed and hung around most of the day, got up for four oclock,then had to settle in again, day totally WASTED..Villa was lovely, few problems,not enough light bulbs,(had to keep buying them) the electric system kept blowing,circuit board was at top of street not in villa,once we found this out we could switch it back on ourselves.The Aircons did drip,(condensation....understandable)had to keep turning them off,very hot a night,(beds under aircon)but in the living room think faulty, dripped like a river onto electrics,after an hr or so. The showers also had no holders,so we had to hold by hand, problem being no curtain ect, so bathrooms were always flooded.Also think it should have been cleaned like advertised,and had fresh linen/towels. (1 towel per person) over the remaining 11 days,I dont think is acceptable,but we had a washing machine so we did this ourselves also.(we obviously did clean, but think on holiday, mopping floors,washing linen, ect was a bit much,could have stayed at home for that).How ever on saying this Vangelis was very reasonable and a nice guy, did give us a partial refund for those few days,which helped take us out to eat every evening in the first villa,and on arriving he did give us milk, bread ,butter, beer wine and 2 champagne bottles.He also met us at the airport were we hired two cars(3 of our party were going to get taxi to villa)he took them, and also repaid for a taxi back to the airport on leaving.The people in the next villa, were also moved a few days later, seems to be his common practise.A lot of these problems could be EASILY rectified,a few minor repairs,maybe a linen closet to help yourself, and basic wardrobes ect,and he would have a good buisness, as he ownes 27 properties.Not sure as to why there are all these self made problems and double bookings, its a shame, because reccomendations and word of mouth go far,and he could and should be doing much better ,just needs to get thing properly organised.Word of warning, the local taxis will not drive up the top road to celine as its very steep, they will drop you off at the bottom, it is a short but vertical walk upwards(expecially after a few).The villas are quite private,and because you are so high up,you do not get a lot of noise ect, unless you have wroudy neighbours,but hey your on holiday what can you expect.Loved cyprus,people friendly,and would like to return, however ,I,m sorry Vangelis, it will not be to one of your properties.
Old Sep 5th 2011, 9:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by susieb
Hi every one. Well I,m back after spending to very hot sunny weeks in Cyprus. I am glad to report that VK Tours and Vengelis are legit, but we did have a few problems.Firstly your aware we booked " villa Celine"( 7 bed), and we were put in " villa Zeus" (5 bed) for 13 people, for the first five days,as he had over booked.Many teething problems,we had 3 beds in the front room, which was L shaped with the kitchen,so provided a problem when people wanted to go to bed, when others didnt, using the kitchen at night for drinks, or breakfast ,disturbing those that were in bed at the time,over crowding in the bathrooms, lack of privacy ect.There was also no wardrobes,in the bedrooms, 3 did have a small shelved cuboard,and the other two had only 2 small draws in the bedside table.Looked like a charity jumble sale,had shirts dresses ect. hung up on doors, stairs ect.The kitchen was also a HUGE problen, 2 small pans, 1st=one half inches wide 2 inches tall,would hold 1 egg for boiling if it was big enough to sit on gas ring.2nd pan, 2 inches wide=2 boiled eggs, and a casserole dish. Only 2 slot toaster.(cereal and sandwiches most meals)Pool side was ok, had to ask for a few extra sunbeds,but didnt cause a huge problem, was so hot couldnt lie in it for long anyway, no umberellas(jacquzi,did not work)oh, and we had no net for cleaning the pool,full of flies every morning,as it is lit up over night(used a cullander) When we moved to celine,packed and hung around most of the day, got up for four oclock,then had to settle in again, day totally WASTED..Villa was lovely, few problems,not enough light bulbs,(had to keep buying them) the electric system kept blowing,circuit board was at top of street not in villa,once we found this out we could switch it back on ourselves.The Aircons did drip,(condensation....understandable)had to keep turning them off,very hot a night,(beds under aircon)but in the living room think faulty, dripped like a river onto electrics,after an hr or so. The showers also had no holders,so we had to hold by hand, problem being no curtain ect, so bathrooms were always flooded.Also think it should have been cleaned like advertised,and had fresh linen/towels. (1 towel per person) over the remaining 11 days,I dont think is acceptable,but we had a washing machine so we did this ourselves also.(we obviously did clean, but think on holiday, mopping floors,washing linen, ect was a bit much,could have stayed at home for that).How ever on saying this Vangelis was very reasonable and a nice guy, did give us a partial refund for those few days,which helped take us out to eat every evening in the first villa,and on arriving he did give us milk, bread ,butter, beer wine and 2 champagne bottles.He also met us at the airport were we hired two cars(3 of our party were going to get taxi to villa)he took them, and also repaid for a taxi back to the airport on leaving.The people in the next villa, were also moved a few days later, seems to be his common practise.A lot of these problems could be EASILY rectified,a few minor repairs,maybe a linen closet to help yourself, and basic wardrobes ect,and he would have a good buisness, as he ownes 27 properties.Not sure as to why there are all these self made problems and double bookings, its a shame, because reccomendations and word of mouth go far,and he could and should be doing much better ,just needs to get thing properly organised.Word of warning, the local taxis will not drive up the top road to celine as its very steep, they will drop you off at the bottom, it is a short but vertical walk upwards(expecially after a few).The villas are quite private,and because you are so high up,you do not get a lot of noise ect, unless you have wroudy neighbours,but hey your on holiday what can you expect.Loved cyprus,people friendly,and would like to return, however ,I,m sorry Vangelis, it will not be to one of your properties.
Thats not good news on the double booking and there is alot of repairs need doing by the sounds of it

Some questions for you

Is the road to celine really that steep and is the villa overlooked also do they have a full length mirror in the villa?

Im going in 3 weeks and hope they have sorted a few things out by then

Oh and also how far is a walk from celine to the main part of peyia ie the shop? Oh and also what are the locks on the doors like to get out to the pool as wondering if my kids could get out on their own? and are the sockets 3 pin like in the uk?

Sorry for the all questions but thankyou in advance if you could answer them all

Last edited by remsbecca; Sep 5th 2011 at 9:08 am.
Old Sep 5th 2011, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by remsbecca
Thats not good news on the double booking and there is alot of repairs need doing by the sounds of it

Some questions for you

Is the road to celine really that steep and is the villa overlooked also do they have a full length mirror in the villa?

Im going in 3 weeks and hope they have sorted a few things out by then

Oh and also how far is a walk from celine to the main part of peyia ie the shop? Oh and also what are the locks on the doors like to get out to the pool as wondering if my kids could get out on their own? and are the sockets 3 pin like in the uk?

Sorry for the all questions but thankyou in advance if you could answer them all
The road up to celine from the main road is a steep man made track,however it is not a long one. The people carrier taxies we tried using, if we went out for an evening ,refused to drive the dirt track, we had to walk, so we descided to rotate and use a designated driver ,to ferry us back n forth.(the cheepest taxi price, per car was 25 euros, from Micheals taxis at corel bay) Then when we returned, our driver would then have a drink in the villa,of course we joined them also, would have been rude not to.lol.The villa is not overlooked,but on saying that ,next door, to the right, is slightly higher,and our neighbours did give us the occasional wave through the shrubbery.But other than this no, its very private and quiet. I had a poolside room, and there was a wardrobe mirror,not full length, but adequate,all rooms had mirrors,but I couldnt say if there was a full length,sorry!The plugs are all 3pin uk. The main shop pub and resturants are 15/20 mins away to walk,easy going down ,but i imagine would be a hard uphill walk in the heat we had,not recommended at all.Also the long windy road we called the snake, had no footpaths to speak of.The shop will however deliver,I understand, but we never used that option,having hired a car.I would advise anyone expecially if you have children, oap,s or disabled people to consider one, would be much easier in my opinion.The locks at the front of the villa are all slide locks, to the verhanda and pool, easily operated,but the main road locks are keys,to the main bedroom and kitchen door.Hope this helps, Susie.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by susieb
The road up to celine from the main road is a steep man made track,however it is not a long one. The people carrier taxies we tried using, if we went out for an evening ,refused to drive the dirt track, we had to walk, so we descided to rotate and use a designated driver ,to ferry us back n forth.(the cheepest taxi price, per car was 25 euros, from Micheals taxis at corel bay) Then when we returned, our driver would then have a drink in the villa,of course we joined them also, would have been rude not to.lol.The villa is not overlooked,but on saying that ,next door, to the right, is slightly higher,and our neighbours did give us the occasional wave through the shrubbery.But other than this no, its very private and quiet. I had a poolside room, and there was a wardrobe mirror,not full length, but adequate,all rooms had mirrors,but I couldnt say if there was a full length,sorry!The plugs are all 3pin uk. The main shop pub and resturants are 15/20 mins away to walk,easy going down ,but i imagine would be a hard uphill walk in the heat we had,not recommended at all.Also the long windy road we called the snake, had no footpaths to speak of.The shop will however deliver,I understand, but we never used that option,having hired a car.I would advise anyone expecially if you have children, oap,s or disabled people to consider one, would be much easier in my opinion.The locks at the front of the villa are all slide locks, to the verhanda and pool, easily operated,but the main road locks are keys,to the main bedroom and kitchen door.Hope this helps, Susie.
Thankyou very much for replying to all my questions
Do you remember what time the shop was open untill on a sunday?
Old Sep 11th 2011, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by remsbecca
Thankyou very much for replying to all my questions
Do you remember what time the shop was open untill on a sunday?
sorry ,I have no idea,always went early mornings, so we could get fresh bread ect,as they were nearlys always out of fresh by dinner time.