Reload this Page >

Help me find an address in Peyia, Pathos

Help me find an address in Peyia, Pathos

Old Aug 11th 2011, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

kadafi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help me find an address in Peyia, Pathos

Hi Susie

I hope this helps, if you have anymore questions don't hesitate to ask.

Originally Posted by susieb
We have booked "villa celine" in Paphos,and I have struggled to find out details also,including the address
The villa's don't really have an address as they are on the edge of Peyia village and have man made roads.

Vangelis says he will meet us" somewhere" and pass on address and all relevant details required, once we,ve arrived.
This is correct, once we had met with our transfer i rang Vangelis and he guided the driver to the villa. Was easy for me to pass the phone to him.

Been searching web sites,trip advisor,ect your thread is the only connection I have found
I was also searching for many months and came up with a blank.

After learning its at the top of a steep hill,and the villa has a few leaks,would you please advise if we have anything else to look forward to
The villa's were nice just finished to a poor standard, like they had to rush to get it finished for the holiday season. The villa's in peyia are on 2 roads both are steep hills, 1 going up and 1 going down.
The only thing i would say to expect is not to have the villa you booked. We booked "Celine" we got "Ares", also a group from London arrived in the villa next to ours half way through the week and they had a different villa to what was advertised also.

Click here for google map
A = Villa Celine
B = Villa Ares, Zeus & several others
Old Aug 11th 2011, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

Well at least they are not at the top of Cardiac hill after all. That area is flat compared to cardiac hill
Old Aug 11th 2011, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

susieb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kadafi
Hi Susie

I hope this helps, if you have anymore questions don't hesitate to ask.

The villa's don't really have an address as they are on the edge of Peyia village and have man made roads.

This is correct, once we had met with our transfer i rang Vangelis and he guided the driver to the villa. Was easy for me to pass the phone to him.

I was also searching for many months and came up with a blank.

The villa's were nice just finished to a poor standard, like they had to rush to get it finished for the holiday season. The villa's in peyia are on 2 roads both are steep hills, 1 going up and 1 going down.
The only thing i would say to expect is not to have the villa you booked. We booked "Celine" we got "Ares", also a group from London arrived in the villa next to ours half way through the week and they had a different villa to what was advertised also.

Click here for google map
A = Villa Celine
B = Villa Ares, Zeus & several others
Thanks Kadafi,due to go next Wednesday,for two weeks,will let you know how we get on. Susie
Old Aug 12th 2011, 5:56 am
Just Joined

Thanks Kadafi,due to go next Wednesday,for two weeks,will let you know how we get on. Susie

I would go back tomorrow.... Have fun
Old Aug 12th 2011, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kadafi
I would go back tomorrow.... Have fun
Kadafi,just got notification,that we cannot have the original villa, its double booked for the first 5 days, and he wants to put us up in a 5 bed smaller one.The whole family is going,so there wont be enough room, marvelous hes had us on the books for 14mths,and "didnt" realize so he says.To late now flights n cars booked,I,m not happy. Susie.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 6:03 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Kadafi,just got notification,that we cannot have the original villa, its double booked for the first 5 days, and he wants to put us up in a 5 bed smaller one.The whole family is going,so there wont be enough room, marvelous hes had us on the books for 14mths,and "didnt" realize so he says.To late now flights n cars booked,I,m not happy. Susie.
Its not unusual Susie. We booked a 4 bed villa in Florida way back at the start of the year and got an email a few weeks ago saying the villa was not available, so would we choose another off the site. Of course, everything decent had gone by then so we ended up going elsewhere and getting our deposit back
Old Aug 13th 2011, 6:04 am
Just Joined

I'm sorry to hear that. I suspect that they "double book" all the time and that it is rarely an accident. Hope all turns well for you all.
Old Aug 13th 2011, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Its not unusual Susie. We booked a 4 bed villa in Florida way back at the start of the year and got an email a few weeks ago saying the villa was not available, so would we choose another off the site. Of course, everything decent had gone by then so we ended up going elsewhere and getting our deposit back
hello Mitzyboy,only have 4 days before we go,not got time for refund and relook,o well , will see what happens when we arrive.Will keep you informed Kadafi.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 11:08 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

sue the pants off him

sorry, but this is unacceptable, presumably he has had your deposit all this time, gaining interest.

if\when you get out there visit local solicitor and hit him with an official letter.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 1:23 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
sue the pants off him

sorry, but this is unacceptable, presumably he has had your deposit all this time, gaining interest.

if\when you get out there visit local solicitor and hit him with an official letter.
Dom ... the guy is in Cyprus
He would laugh at you, keep your deposit, not assign another place to you, and go out and have a slap up meal
Old Aug 14th 2011, 2:07 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Dom ... the guy is in Cyprus
He would laugh at you, keep your deposit, not assign another place to you, and go out and have a slap up meal
thanks, yes I know, but http://europa.eu/about-eu/27-member-...s/index_en.htm
Cyprus is listed. We are not talking about a country like Afghanistan.

so you are suggesting he wouldnt accept less for a smaller property, and that the contract is totally worthless, at least from his point of view.

All the Cypriots I have met over the years would be disgusted at such attitude, it does the country no good. In the same way as the property problems of Spain which need not be discussed here.

rgds
Old Aug 14th 2011, 3:12 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Domino
thanks, yes I know, but http://europa.eu/about-eu/27-member-...s/index_en.htm
Cyprus is listed. We are not talking about a country like Afghanistan.

so you are suggesting he wouldnt accept less for a smaller property, and that the contract is totally worthless, at least from his point of view.

All the Cypriots I have met over the years would be disgusted at such attitude, it does the country no good. In the same way as the property problems of Spain which need not be discussed here.

rgds
I had a friend (and two brothers) who had a house built there (eventually)
It was all documented and contracted.
They took out a mortgage and paid the deposit. The builders just didnt build it for ages. Meanwhile they were paying on the mortgage.
Iirc it was year and then they got around to starting the build. The bank wanted all kinds of extra charges and it cost them far more than budgeted.

They said they were treated like crap, and legal threats were met with derision.

I guess they are not all like that, but clearly they werent worried about the legal side of things
Old Aug 14th 2011, 3:31 pm

I had a friend (and two brothers) who had a house built there (eventually)
It was all documented and contracted.
They took out a mortgage and paid the deposit. The builders just didnt build it for ages. Meanwhile they were paying on the mortgage.
Iirc it was year and then they got around to starting the build. The bank wanted all kinds of extra charges and it cost them far more than budgeted.

They said they were treated like crap, and legal threats were met with derision.

I guess they are not all like that, but clearly they werent worried about the legal side of things
and I suppose if someone went round and practiced baseball on their knees it would only delay the project

as we have seen with the much publicised riffling of the Malaysian student's backpack there are scavengers around to take advantage of any\all opportunity. (it was said he had a broken jaw but was talking on tv news last night). to balance that out IIRC £30k has been collected for him, or am I mixing that up with another fund?
Old Aug 14th 2011, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

DippyDave is an unknown quantity at this point

Really hope you get sorted. Living in Gersikipou at the mo and love it out here.

Good luck
x
Old Aug 15th 2011, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

shelleyd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I am dealing with the same man and i am going to Villa Brouna which is 54A on the same street, could you give me any recommendations on this at all. I am a bit worried after seeing your comment. Is this a legit company and Vangelis does he seem like a proper business man? Many thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.