Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Have you been on a Blanket or Bed Trip

Have you been on a Blanket or Bed Trip

Old Dec 30th 2010, 9:56 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Default Have you been on a Blanket or Bed Trip

A freind recently (unknowingly) went on a "Blanket trip" in Lanzarote () and wanted to know if anyone has bought the product / could advise if worth buying.

This "trip" where a tour operator offers a 'free' excursion which includes a presentation about beds and blankets !!!!

They are actually quite popular (free!) and offer various products made from Marino Sheep Wool. If the beds are any good I may like to buy one as I am fed up of my bed in Spain - hard as nails and came with the furniture pack. Any feedback welcome !
Old Jan 5th 2011, 12:41 pm
Banned

Matteo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Have you been on a Blanket or Bed Trip

Well Google shows very little about them except people complaining that the free trip was just a sales pitch. Nothing about the goods. You dont say but is the mattress coming from a UK supplier because if not what about import duty etc as Lanzarote is outside the european economic zone.

Last edited by Matteo; Jan 5th 2011 at 12:55 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 8:51 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Default Re: Have you been on a Blanket or Bed Trip

Originally Posted by Matteo
Well Google shows very little about them except people complaining that the free trip was just a sales pitch. Nothing about the goods. You dont say but is the mattress coming from a UK supplier because if not what about import duty etc as Lanzarote is outside the european economic zone.
As far as I know you pay for them in Lanzarote, Spain, Portugal in Euros. And they are delivered direct from the factory in Germany. I think this avoids the (now extortionate) VAT of the UK !!

I also Googled and found very little good/bad on these trips .. that's why I asked on here thinking there's bound to be some people on an Expat forum... how wrong am I... or maybe interest in very low on here these days!