Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Family of 5 moving from the uk to Famagusta!!

Family of 5 moving from the uk to Famagusta!!

Old Nov 16th 2018, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Red_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family of 5 moving from the uk to Famagusta!!

Originally Posted by Charliebobba
What a great idea! All the very best in your plans! We're in the process of moving over too! Its a bit hectic and stressful at the moment, we're going in 42 days i think! 28-Dec-18 to be exact! For moving we are using RSS Logisitics based in Cyprus who are brilliant! We have a house there already - in Tala, near Paphos. You're looking to go to Famagusta? So North Cyprus? I don't know much about this aspect, i guess you would have to do things via Turkey and then move across from there. The advantage of Cyprus Republic is its in the EU so the transition is much easier i suppose, for the moment at least. Its also a more stable country. Turkey has had its moments this year of course. Cyprus is a fantastic country, with friendly people, both North and South - i can't wait to visit the North once we're settled. I can't really advise given its a country not recognised, under occupation etc.....but i wish you all the very best with your new adventures.
Famagusta is a province. Most is under Turkish occupation, but a lot of towns are Greek (EU) side, including the districts of Ayia Napa and Paralimni.
Old Nov 26th 2018, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Jamesdad is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are not decided on whether or not to move to the north or south then with a teenager in your party I recommend the south. Kyrenia does have international schools but the choices will less than in the south and with the British servicemen in the south there are sure to be more expat teens around.
Old Aug 5th 2019, 9:39 am
Just Joined

kostascontantin is an unknown quantity at this point

So you moved ? You liked it ? Any tip for newbies what to expect any comments/suggestions?
Old Aug 5th 2019, 11:56 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kostascontantin
So you moved ? You liked it ? Any tip for newbies what to expect any comments/suggestions?
Welcome to BE,
Please have a quick read of thee forum rules. https://britishexpats.com/site-rules/, and should you have any site related problems please contact one of the moderators, names in bold at the bottom of each forum page.

The original poster hasn't posted since November 2018, so has, almost certainly, left the forum, and will not see your post. You would be better off to start your own thread.