Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Cyprus Taxation

Cyprus Taxation

Old Jul 27th 2018, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

gaztonge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cyprus Taxation

Hi all....in need of some help here. I currently work offshore in the UK contacting through my own Ltd company. My family and I want to move to Cyprus but are unsure on what taxes we would pay. As I work on the UK continental shelf would I pay UK income taxes or Cypriot income taxes. I currently work on a 2/3 rota so would spend 146 days offshore per year. Does this count as being in the UK?

As my company is registered in the UK I know I would be liable to pay UK corporation tax and other business taxes associated with the business. If I was to register the business in Cyprus what tax's would the business be liable for then, would I pay Cypriot corporation tax or still under the UK tax scheme?

Any help in answering these questions would be greatly appreciated as it will have a big influence on our decision to move or not.