Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Copy of Birth Certificate

Copy of Birth Certificate

Old Nov 29th 2018, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Copy of Birth Certificate

Originally Posted by dmu
No, it would have cost the earth (having ordered 5). I seem to recollect that 3 weeks was stated as the delivery time for on-line orders, so a delay of 2 weeks for mine. Counting the time for your letter to arrive in the Northern Wilds, your BC SHOULD arrive by tomorrow, if all has gone well. I imagine that traducteurs assermentés do such translations very quickly? and you should be OK for your RV....
Ok, thanks. I'll keep everything crossed, including my eyes......
Old Nov 29th 2018, 8:54 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Hi DMU,
Reading your above comment I'm getting a bit concerned. I ordered mine by mail on 11th Nov using the official HM Passport Office application form with cheque for £9.25 sent off to their Southport, Merseyside address with the understanding that according to the site 'Certificates are sent after 14 working days'.
My rdv at the prefecture (hopefully with fully completed dossier) is scheduled for 9th Jan 2019, which I thought should give me ample time to receive it, and get the official translation done a few days later.
If there are major delays in issuing these, and me not having received the birth certificate by end Dec, I note that the HM Passport Office site indicates that one can obtain a certificate sooner by using the on-line priority service for £23.40 and it will be sent the next working day. Cant help wondering how factual this is (perhaps BritinParis can advise.......).
@DMU: Can I assume that you didn't order yours using the on-line priority service?
The £9.25 service is excellent value given that it includes worldwide postage but the drawback is that it’s sent by the absolute cheapest option. That means second class post in the UK but often sea mail if posted abroad. The £23.40 service buys you proper first class Airmail or equivalent. However given that you’re only in France I would concur with dmu that you should receive your certificate shortly.
Old Dec 1st 2018, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The £9.25 service is excellent value given that it includes worldwide postage but the drawback is that it’s sent by the absolute cheapest option. That means second class post in the UK but often sea mail if posted abroad. The £23.40 service buys you proper first class Airmail or equivalent. However given that you’re only in France I would concur with dmu that you should receive your certificate shortly.
Ok, thanks for the comments.