Reload this Page >

Bringing my car to Cyprus?

Bringing my car to Cyprus?

Old Jun 14th 2010, 7:28 am
Just Joined

trevez is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Bringing my car to Cyprus?

Hi all, me again!

Just wondering about bringing my car to Cyprus when i move over, it would be very helpful to me if i can bring it with us!

However, we are only going to be here for 10 months or so but it is not classed as temporary because it is more than 6 months.

I have been onto the Cyprus customs and excise website to find out about the fees it APPROXIMATES that:

*2003 1.2 Renault Clio
*90,000 miles at time of entry

Will be around 250 Euro, would anyone agree that this sounds about right?

What would happen if i didnt pay this fee as i am only staying for 10 months?

I hope someone can enlighten me on this

Regards
Old Aug 13th 2010, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Bringing my car to Cyprus?

Originally Posted by trevez
Hi all, me again!

Just wondering about bringing my car to Cyprus when i move over, it would be very helpful to me if i can bring it with us!

However, we are only going to be here for 10 months or so but it is not classed as temporary because it is more than 6 months.

I have been onto the Cyprus customs and excise website to find out about the fees it APPROXIMATES that:

*2003 1.2 Renault Clio
*90,000 miles at time of entry

Will be around 250 Euro, would anyone agree that this sounds about right?

What would happen if i didnt pay this fee as i am only staying for 10 months?

I hope someone can enlighten me on this

Regards
I'd think about bringing your car over carefully. Your going to pay for shipping both ways, so that's about 4k, then register it here, then bring it back to the UK and re-register? Doesn't make a lot of sense to be honest. If you take the 4k you'd save in shipping costs, together with the proceeds of the sale of your car, then you'd end up with a pretty good car here.

A few of my friends have brought cars over with them. Its taken them all, about a year for the car to be registered.

You'd need to be careful bringing it back into the UK after your finished here, I know they have a limit on the age of the car your bringing in.

All in all - I don't think its worth the hassle!
Old Sep 27th 2010, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Chanchi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We were thinking the same, can you drive over instead of shipping?
Old Sep 27th 2010, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Chanchi
Hi

We were thinking the same, can you drive over instead of shipping?
mmm, difficult. I hear that the only ship that allows cars on comes from Italy. In saying that, I did read something about shipping starting again from Greece - but don't quote me on that.

Really and honestly, I don't think its worth the hassle. When you are trying to register the car you need birth and marriage certificates, for the family, 3 years worth of bank statements, rental agreements or contract of sale on your house etc, honestly, I think they'd ask for your cats, mothers, father in laws birth certificate if they could get away with it.

Paper work here is done in double double duplication and is very slow. Bringing a car will just add to your frustrations.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Chanchi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We wanted to bring our car over too but it will be very expensive, the cheapest shipping/cargo company was approx 1070 pounds one way, then you have to pay 200e at the Cyprus port to take it of the ship, so not worth it.

If you want to drive over then you can only get a ferry from Piraeus in Athens which means the following....Ferry from UK..... petrol to Italy Ancona or Brindisi....Ferry to Patras......petrol from Patras to Piraeus....Ferry from Piraeus to Cyprus.

Approx 1000 pound each way, for 2000 pounds you could buy a cheap rounaround in Cyprus!

The ferry company to go with are ViaMare, they deal with all med ferry companies and are based in UK I think, do a net search and take a look if you want to price it all up.

Hopes this helps in time