Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Any young couples living in Cyprus (Larnaca area)?

Any young couples living in Cyprus (Larnaca area)?

Old Sep 21st 2011, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

genevieve88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any young couples living in Cyprus (Larnaca area)?

Hi there!

My partner and I are considering moving to Cyprus next year, I am half Cypriot and have been visiting Cyprus every year from an early age. My partner has fallen in love with the place and we have decided it's time for a change while we're still young and before we 'settle down' and have children. It would be great to hear from any young couples that made the move to Cyprus and to hear your experiences.

My partner has his own business which is internet based so there will be no problem on the employment front for both of us. We definitely want to live in Larnaca as it is close to the airport and has a cosmopolitan feel about it. We are looking to rent a villa so we will have room for friends and family in the summer. We're very excited about moving to Cyprus and having a big change but we do realise it won't be a holiday and would appreciate any advice from peoples own experiences...

Thanks very much : )
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

zygiman will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any young couples living in Cyprus (Larnaca area)?

Hi, glad to see that you are making the bold choice to live in Cyprus?

There is so much advice people can help you with, suggest you just fire away with any questions you may have and sit back for the answers.

Might be an idea to have one question per post.

Good luck!
Old Jan 7th 2012, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

juliannam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any young couples living in Cyprus (Larnaca area)?

Hi
We were in the same situation as you, 10 years ago, we moved to Larnaca before the children came along, to see if we liked it. My husband is greek cypriot ( born in the uk )i am from Irish parents, we both speak greek.
We found back then, and still do today, Cyprus very expensive to live,buy clothes, eat ,recieve healthcare and just get on with things!
Its lovely in the summer, but winter months its like a ghost town , it depends if you like/want the peace and quiet and if you can adapt to this.

The nightlife in Larnaca is very limited, but the bars are civilised and relaxed, Ayia Napa is more lively and attracts many tourists.
We moved back to the Uk after 6 years in Larnanca. We miss the weather, greek food and our family, but really, thats it.
There are more opportunities in the Uk for work, the education in Cyprus is very good,the young people are intelligent and focused, no "yob culture,drinking and fighting".

This was our experience, everybody is different, we wish you the best of luck in Larnaca...just take lots of money with you!